Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #1

Refrigerator

We are in the process of trading in our 3170 for a 3010. The new one has the larger refrigerator. I know the smaller fridge we have now takes a long time to cool down. For those of you that have the larger fridge, how is it compared to the smaller to get cool? Looking forward to the larger fridge, but didn't know if there could be a down side.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:53 PM   #2

We have the big double door dometic in our 3050. Has been about 60f outside, and ours cools down to 35 in just a couple of hours. We use one of those little battery fans which seems to help it cool down even faster. Pretty impressed with it thus far.
mattnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:31 AM   #3

Thanks for the response. I'm assuming since there weren't a lot of responses that there probably aren't too many problems with them. I think they are a newer offering in the Sunseeker, but maybe this same fridge has been used for several years in A classes. I know to replace the fridge in our 3170 would be around $1100. I haven't checked into it, but would assume it would be quite a bit higher cost.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:38 PM   #4

Just used the big fridge on my new 2014 sunseeker 3050. Worked great traveling to Daytona and back however we are having issues with the doors opening. Have to take back for adjustment.
Sunseeker 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:48 PM   #5

Refrigerator

We have the large refrigerator and really like it better than other refrigerators we have had on last 3 other coaches. Only problem is the doors will not stay closed when traveling. I screwed a hook to the right of the pantry and another to the left of the coach entrance door and tied a nylon strap across the large doors and pantry. The pantry will not stay latched either.

J. V.
J. V. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator