Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 95
Refrigerator Leveling

I know this topic comes up often, but I need to know the answer in degrees, not fractions of a bubble or comfort. I own a 2011 Sunseeker 2300. Does anyone know how many degrees, side-to-side, that the fridge can be off level without damage? Is 4-5 degrees too much? Thanks
__________________

__________________
davegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 95
Answer from Dometic:

We advise the tolerance is no more than 3 degrees side to side and 6 degrees front to back.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!!

Thanks!
Carin

We appreciate this opportunity to address your situation, and hope all your future travels are trouble free. Please do not hesitate to contact us any time, to order parts or if we can be of assistance.

Customer Support Center
800 544 4881
edometic.com
Dometic Corp
__________________

__________________
davegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
offroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 357
I believe the general consensus is that the closer to level the fridge is, the better it is for longevity of the fridge.
__________________
2017 Open Range - Light 297RLS, BX1 Gooseneck
2014 Ram 2500 4x4 CCSB 6.7L 68RFE
offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post
I believe the general consensus is that the closer to level the fridge is, the better it is for longevity of the fridge.

I have also found that mine will cool better when exactly level.
__________________
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 188
Seen that wording before from Dometic. Always wondered what their perspective is regarding "front-to-back" and "side-to-side". I've always assumed they were talking from the perspective of the fridge not the RV. Then again, unless your fridge is on the back wall of the RV, it's almost always on either the left or right side wall.

If it's from the perspective of the fridge you can be up to 6 degrees left-right on the RV and be "ok"
__________________
2011 Sunseeker 3170DS - 30,000 miles explored
funfinder5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #6
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfinder5 View Post
Seen that wording before from Dometic. Always wondered what their perspective is regarding "front-to-back" and "side-to-side". I've always assumed they were talking from the perspective of the fridge not the RV. Then again, unless your fridge is on the back wall of the RV, it's almost always on either the left or right side wall.

If it's from the perspective of the fridge you can be up to 6 degrees left-right on the RV and be "ok"

That's my understanding as well. Though if I tried to keep the trailer at a 6 degree slant, my DW would probably have more of an issue with it than my fridge.




Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,254
What 3 Degrees Mean for Leveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegood View Post
Answer from Dometic:

We advise the tolerance is no more than 3 degrees side to side and 6 degrees front to back.
To put this in an easier to grasp perspective, 3 degrees of slope is about 5 inches in 100 inches. In other words, you'd have to be nearly 5 inches lower on one side than the other to exceed 3 degrees. So the advice of making it level enough to walk around comfortably is plenty close enough.

The 3 and 6 degree guideline is very good information. The refrigerator is okay with more slope than I thought.
__________________

__________________
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
leveling, refrigerator

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.