Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2015, 06:55 PM   #1

Replace kitchen countertops in 3170ds Sunseeker

I have been having fun doing mods in our MH to make it western in decor.Now I am going to replace the kitchen countertops with knotty spruce butcher block that I've cut to fit, lightly stained and finished with 4 coats of marine gloss varathane. I'm also replacing the sink with hand hammered copper and the faucet with a pull down bronze residential single lever one.I've put up hammered copper-look backsplash, too. I haven't taken the Formica counter tops off yet and am hoping that the screws I feel on the 1x1s on the underside are the only fastener, and not a lot of glue, too! Anybody pulled counters off a 2014 Sunseeker? Perhaps Mr. Clemons could tell me how things are attached so I know before I make a mess? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated! Also ,if I ever learn how to post pictures, I'll show you my "horse " themed rustic mods.I'm just really technologically challenged-I can barely type!But I'mgoing to see some of this wonderful country in our motor home before I'm too decrepit!
Yorkranchgalnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:02 PM   #2

Your kitchen remodel sounds beautiful. Would love to see a photo posted when you are finished. I have zero counter space in my Wildwood. Haven't figured how to get around that problem.
wildwoodtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:55 PM   #3

Wow sounds real nice. I just have a question since I'm intrigued by remodels. . . When the counter etc is taken out and a new remod is put in, how do you figure out the weight between what was used verses what is being put in? I know weight of everything figures into how much other things can be put in while traveling or do you just bring it to weigh station? I would love to change things up but a little worried about it but I am a worrier so I've heard.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
schnauzer mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:22 PM   #4

Please, Mr. Clemens, any info on how the counters are attached? Thanks to any responses!
Old 03-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Just like normal counters. There are cleats and we screw through the cleats.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:22 AM   #6

Thanks for the info,Mr. Clemens! I guess I'll be taking things apart pretty soon!

Tags
3170, sunseeker