Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2015, 06:25 AM   #1

Replacement air hose for air compressor?

I posted this in the general discussion forum but haven't received any suggestions. I know you guys here have to have some portable air compressors with the stiff, coiled hose. I have a Viair air compressor for filling my RV tires and really like it. But today, while topping off my tires and air bags, the hose kinked and now it wants to stay kinked. It comes with a stiff, coiled hose and apparently once you get a kink in it, it is there to stay. My home air compressor has a really nice but larger rubber air hose. Can anyone recommend a good rubber hose, maybe 25 feet long that is similar diameter to the coil hose that comes with the compressor? Would love a link to Amazon or other store if you have one.

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #2

I also have a Viair. It is mounted inside my toolbox. I keep a regular 50 foot Goodyear hose inside. It's a pain to unroll and roll up but it does not kink. Then I have a trailer so the truck has a tool box. You have a lot of room in your motor home basement so just get a real air hose. Probably could even rig up a roller to keep it neat.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:48 AM   #3

I have a very flexible air hose that I purchased from NAPA for around $25.00 a couple of years ago that's 30ft long. I carry this with a portable Dewalt 165PSI air compressor and digital tire gage for my needs. In my front compartment of my 5er.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:21 AM   #4
Wait till next year...

Two thoughts could try a heat gun and gently warm the kinked hose section and work the kink out or slice it and put a coupling in. Like the others I use a regular airline hose hooked to small 110v compressor in rear storage
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #5

NAPA or Harbor Freight will have selection of hoses
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #6
2012 Solera

Amazon has several, like this one:
Amazon.com: Amflo 24-25E-RET Blue 120 PSI Polyurethane Recoil Air Hose 1/4" x 25' With 1/4" MNPT Swivel Ends And Bend Restrictor Fittings: Industrial & Scientific
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:18 PM   #7

As you know.... many options to choose from. Have to pick type of hose coil/regular. Then size length/I.D.(id not important for tires ect.). You can a hose reel if you want regular hose. Harbor freight good for regular and reel. I would choose rubber hose over plastic/nylon on regular hose. I am not impressed with cheap coil hoses... The one above looks good in the pic if it is long enough. IMHO
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #8

Thanks everyone, my order is placed. I went with the hose linked below, an air chuck and a couple quick disconnects. It gets pretty good reviews so time will tell.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00
Old 07-31-2015, 09:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmacklem View Post
I posted this in the general discussion forum but haven't received any suggestions. I know you guys here have to have some portable air compressors with the stiff, coiled hose. I have a Viair air compressor for filling my RV tires and really like it. But today, while topping off my tires and air bags, the hose kinked and now it wants to stay kinked. It comes with a stiff, coiled hose and apparently once you get a kink in it, it is there to stay. My home air compressor has a really nice but larger rubber air hose. Can anyone recommend a good rubber hose, maybe 25 feet long that is similar diameter to the coil hose that comes with the compressor? Would love a link to Amazon or other store if you have one.

Thanks.

Looking for a good air compressor that will inflate the rv tires to 80psi. What model Viair do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Looking for a good air compressor that will inflate the rv tires to 80psi. What model Viair do you have?
I have the VIAIR 300P and it is more than up to the task. The only issue is the air hose and power cord combination is too short. I just replaced the hose with a non-coiled hose. They make larger and smaller compressor too but I don't think I would go smaller.

VIAIR 300P

Tags
replacement