Old 12-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #1

Replacement Window Under Warranty

We are getting a replacement window under warranty. It's the one in the bedroom that is the emergency exit. The part has been on order for about 2 weeks now. Not sure if it's coming from Forest River or the window supplier. Called the dealer yesterday & they said they have another unit (not sure of the brand) that has been waiting for a new window for over a month. Has anyone else needed a new window & did it take an exceptionally long time?

Old 12-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac
We are getting a replacement window under warranty. It's the one in the bedroom that is the emergency exit. The part has been on order for about 2 weeks now. Not sure if it's coming from Forest River or the window supplier. Called the dealer yesterday & they said they have another unit (not sure of the brand) that has been waiting for a new window for over a month. Has anyone else needed a new window & did it take an exceptionally long time?
What's your make and model tt?

Old 12-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #3

2013 Sunseeker 3100
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #4

I have been waiting since Hurricane Sandy to get the emergency window over the outdoor kitchen side replaced. I think it is sad to have to wait six weeks or longer for something this is used in normal production. It seems like Forest river does not care about the owners once they take the camper off the dealers lot. I know its not my dealers fault as my wife and I have both sat there with them when they placed the calls to find out where the window is. I have the 2013 Salem Cruise Lite 281QBXL...I even sent an email to several of the supposely better salespersons mentioned on this site and never even got a returned email.. If this is what Forest River does for service then when I eventually in a few years move up to a 5th wheel for retirement it will not be a Forest River model..
speddy069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #5

5th Wheel Replacement.

Check CrossRoads Forum they suck too!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #6
GM

The problem with taking one from the line is that we're typically "just in time". We take one and its a domino effect on the rest of the line. Sounds simple, but I found out it is not often the case. I have caused more havoc on my line asking for "special" stuff than I care to remember. Policy is to order from the supplier.

So we are sometimes at the supplier's mercy...shipping in one window, was it damaged? came in wrong? There is a laundry list of items that could go wrong...and sometimes its the perfect storm and it all happens on one parts order. No offense to the dealer, but you hear what they want you to hear. Did they actually place the order on time? I don't have anything to do with the Salem line (this is a motorhome sub forum)...but if you give your VIN to one of the guys over on the trailer forum, they would be able to get some info from the warranty department. (That's also separate from motorhomes).

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote