Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #1

Replacing CH751 Locks on 2860DS Outside Kitchen Problem ?

OK I'm replacing all the CH751 Locks on 2860DS. I started out just going to replace a few of the 10 or 11 locks and specifically the Outside Kitchen. 8 of the locks are 1 1/8" barrels but the Kitchen is a 2 1/8" and the outside shower and stereo unit are probably 5/8" But I can't see a way to remove them from their plastic doors. They don't have a screw on the end securing the cams. Look to be pressed on or ? but don't look replaceable.. Anyone run into this problem that figured it out? The 2 1/8" kitchen unit is the most important one (for the wife) cant find any that long

Thanks
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #2

Hey BC... Do you know who the manufacture or the brand of the 2 1/8" door lock on the 2860DS BIG door on outside TV & entertainment center. My locksmith says he can't order one from his suppliers and I can't find one on the internet... I'm trying to replace all the CH751 locks and having problems finding one that's will fit the big door and the shower and outside stereo small door. the shower isn't a big deal but want to be all keyed the same. All the other compartment locks are a piece of cake to find.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #3

Surely someone has replaced this 2 1/8" lock??

Thanks
Old 07-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Figured I'd cover it here as well for those that might run into the same thing. The big baggage doors are built for us by Challenger. They have change the locks at least once on us (I think). There should be a sticker on the inside of the door with the series, you should be able to contact Challenger and see what locks they are currently using.

Isn't it just the big latch that is different? Can you take off that swivel lever part and use it on any of the tumblers.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:16 AM   #5

Lock replacement

Have you tried Industrial Lock and Hardware?

Cam Locks and Specialty Locks - Home

They come recommended and have a sizing chart for the different cam locks.

I have not changed mine out, but makes sense.
digger47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #6

The big Door lock is 2 1/8" I called challenger and they referred me to their lock wholesaler.. the only ones they have are the CH751 locks and they have many brands of locks.. They also said the CH751 lock would most likely break if it was rekeyed.. I did find some locks at Grainger but they aren't in stock and the salesman said the info didn't look right and not sure even with a large offset cam that they would work... I replaced the (8) 1 1/8" locks from here and they work OK... You don't get everything in the picture though and have to use the cam that's on the stock locks. You can also get replacement door locks from them and key all compartment locks to it (most of the locks) CH751 Security Upgrade ... the other place, their locks only go to 2" latch length Which MIGHT work as they told me... So far Grainger is the best bet but will have to look into it after our road trip.

Ron
Old 07-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #7

2 1/8" lock

I sent pictures of the lock and talked to Mark at ILH, engineer. The issue of course is it financially feasible to produce this longer lock in the tubular design. He will let me know their decision and I will pass it on.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #8

Did you ever find solution for the 2 1/8" locks? I am trying to re-key my Puma 27FQ and the large storage door in the back has the same locks. I've not been able to find any myself.
dsherrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:46 PM   #9

They said it was not cost effective. Still no solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #10

DS
Grainger probably has some locks that are 2" to 2 1/8" if you use an offset latch.. the problem is my local Grainger does not carry any of them in stock. If you live in a big city that has a Graniger you might take the lock in and compare to what they actually have.. The desk people could not promise any that I would have to ordere, would work!

If anyone goes there and finds one please post the stock# back on here

Its a bad situation as I have been told the one on my 2860DS outside kitchen door can not be rekeyed

All the 1 1/8" are a no brainer.. I got mine here Global Link Locks and Keys | RV Door Locks & Keys | RV Locks & Keys and ordered some led lighted keys also.. They seem to be decent quality and the service after the sale was good. They also sell replacement couch door locks and some can be keyed the same to the cam lock # you choose.

So anyway , anyone who finds a 2 1/8" non CH751 lock please post it here... As of now Grainger is the best bet
Old 09-23-2014, 09:29 AM   #11

Asparky, did you ever find a lock solution for your outside kitchen? What is the actual thickness of the door? One of my cargo doors also had a 2 1/8" lock on it, but it was longer than I needed. The thickness of my door was less than 1 1/2" so I was able to use a 1 1/2" lock and a cam with a 3/16" offset.

I replaced all my locks with the barrel type from Industrial Lock and Hardware. They are good people to work with and I highly recommend. All my locks work smoothly and the key code is unique to my unit.
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #12

Thanks for the reply.. haven't been on here lately.. I think my door is thicker than that but will check for sure.. Thanks
Old 03-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #13
KnC

ASPARKY- Did you ever come up with a solution to replacing the lock on the outside kitchen door?
Thanks

2017 Sunseeker 2860 DSF
2016 Harley-Davidson FLHTK

Nights camped: 2016-6, 2017-32, 2018 - 21 2019-21
KnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #14

I subscribe to several RV YouTube channels and one of them had a video on replacing the locks. It might help.

Tags
lock, outdoor kitchen