Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2019, 06:35 PM   #1

Roadside Assistance

How many folks pay for Good Sam, AAA, etc. roadside service even though you have Free Ford Roadside Assistance for the first 5 years or 60,000 miles on your Motorhome?
I’m currently doing just that because I’m familiar with Good Sam’s ability to handle Motorhomes. Not sure regarding the free service provided by Ford.
Has anyone had a good or bad experience with Ford RA?
Old 05-16-2019, 06:50 PM   #2

[QUOTE=bayoubelle;2097190]How many folks pay for Good Sam, AAA, etc. roadside service even though you have Free Ford Roadside Assistance for the first 5 years or 60,000 miles on your Motorhome?

Auto dealers are reluctant to do “warranty service” as they don’t get paid well for that service. I just went through that ordeal. Dealer service dept said no time to fix my gas leak on my 6,000 mile camper. However, I offered to pay for non-warranty repairs and it was done in two days! It cost me money but I was able to continue on my trip. Everybody is trying to make money off you. Ford is horrible on service and usually service appointments are one to two weeks in the future. Buyer beware!
RVPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:55 PM   #3

I've had AAA RA service for 50 yrs.
I like them because there is no hassle of getting reimbursed for a tow, jump or flat.
The other RA's may require you to pay up front and then submit a claim to get reimbursed.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #4

[QUOTE=RVPhD;2097210]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubelle View Post
How many folks pay for Good Sam, AAA, etc. roadside service even though you have Free Ford Roadside Assistance for the first 5 years or 60,000 miles on your Motorhome?

Auto dealers are reluctant to do “warranty service” as they don’t get paid well for that service. I just went through that ordeal. Dealer service dept said no time to fix my gas leak on my 6,000 mile camper. However, I offered to pay for non-warranty repairs and it was done in two days! It cost me money but I was able to continue on my trip. Everybody is trying to make money off you. Ford is horrible on service and usually service appointments are one to two weeks in the future. Buyer beware!

Good to know but I was really questioning Ford’s free RA for our Motorhomes during the 5yr/60,00mi period.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:32 PM   #5

We have AAA RV. We have used the Ford when it was the MH twice. Ford had someone there as quick as anyone else (much faster than when we had Good Sam).
They towed it, once flatbed, for no power. They towed it last September when the head gasket blew in Arizona. We have the AAA to cover the cars and when Ford cannot get there.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:02 PM   #6

Thanks Frank
Old 05-21-2019, 09:03 AM   #7

RSA

We used the Ford RSA when the truck would not start - even though we were not in a hurry, they were here within 20 minutes.
janice parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:19 AM   #8

A lot of the good places to travel are too remote to get help if you need it.
You are on your own.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote