Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #21

It is hard to explain. I wish that was it. Driving me nuts.
jtrippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #22

Does it have electric fans on the radiator I know the ones I have run sometimes after you shut down the engine they will come on for a bit then shut down.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post
Does it have electric fans on the radiator I know the ones I have run sometimes after you shut down the engine they will come on for a bit then shut down.
The noise is coming from, it seems, the drivers side about 3/4 from the front. Not a fan type noise. Thanks for the comment.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrippy View Post
I wish the factory rep would throw his two cents in?
I actually did comment back on the first page. As for my 2 cents...we built it, but I've never heard of anything like this. Was hoping someone had heard it before.

Below are odd sounds I've heard of, but doesn't seem to apply in this case...

1. Jacks: I was at a show when the pump kept cycling randomly. It was a Solera and I think it has been mentioned already. Pump comes on (no beeping) and is pretty loud. Not sure about any vibration though...it was just building pressure.

2. One time the fridge fan came loose and was rattling against a metal tab. But that would be completely random and not activated "when the door closes".

3. The door closing starting it...makes me think it is a bad or noisy power step, but I'm guessing you have an integrated step.

4. Bad convertor fan could be another, but again that would be very random and for a longer period of time.

My only other possible idea would be the subwoofer (mounted under the dinette). I used to have a stereo that would pick up local CB traffic. (Those guys that had huge amplifiers on their rig). Sometimes I have heard that have feedback...maybe there is a short or something in the sub wiring (it is 12V) and could be very random. Pull the plywood off the dinette base and take a look. The Safe & Sound Package came with a sub. Volume loud enough I could see it vibrating.

You say 3/4 back?? 3/4 back the length of the coach? Might put it in the dinette seat. Other than that, there's really nothing over on that side.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #25

Umm. Under the dinette is exactly were the noise is coming from. I am going to see if that could be the @#$%.

The other possibility could be the Jack. Fridge fan and step are out.

Thanks, I appreciate your post. In your previous post, I thought you were replying about the exhaust noise the other member had posted.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #26
Commercial Member

I was...but that was the only 2 cents I had at the time.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote