Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gcampers
Drumroll please...
"Keep on Campin" Looks very good!

Old 08-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #92
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Any pics or updates on the outcome. BCLEMENS.. Is this Sunseekers solution to cracked roofs?
This is actually the first cracked roof I have seen. I think others scrambled up after seeing this and everyone that checked they did not have the same issues.

I'm guessing the roof was not fully seated when they screwed it down. Which caused a slight pucker at the edges which then flexed. In theory the roof should be fully adhered to the substrate and therefore NOT flex at those points.

In any event this is not the solution we chose. This is the solution that the customer chose and if he is happy with it, we are happy with it.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #93

That roof looks fantastic. Forest River needs to take notice. I like the smooth transition to the rain gutters. Is it as smooth as it looks? Where is all of the sealer? When you get a chance, please take a pic of your skylight. And you have zero maintenance. I hope we find ourselves close to each other. I would love to see it in person. Now, where is my credit card.
I know you are relived and hope you can now enjoy your C. Keep the blog going. Looking for a report after a rain test. I know you will be crawling around looking for water. Hope you find none.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #94

Yes, it's slick! The material is actually grey once applied, but gets a secret white topcoat that is rated for 10 years in the elements. Ours is under cover, so I was told we may never need it. If the grey ever comes through, they will supply you with the topcoat or reapply for you. It is very slick when wet, but likewise, dirt and dust rinses off with rain or water. You can pressure wash it, safe for any chemicals and bleach, etc. The skylight base is coated along with all the vent bases. If it leaks, then I bet it's coming from the windows, not the roof! I will keep u posted after our first monsoon.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #95

Looks great!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #96
Plain Old Member

Love it. Roof rails serve their purpose, but create issues to. They hold water on the roof which can be bad business in time. Mines got the bulges in spots where the roof lifted along the rails. Sucks, but fixing to be owned by dealer hopefully within the month anyway. Fixing to love going back to old faithful, the rubber roof. Ill clean streaks any day over dealing with a fiberglass roof. Not all their "cracked" out to be.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #97

Hey Big John, I guess you're going with 5th wheel? I wouldn't be concerned about that area bulging along the roof rails. Our roof guy said that it looked like a sheet of aluminum is used to make that radius and tuck under the fiberglass a few inches. He covered our radius and the around the back seem real well though. As for cracks, thats a different story. Let me know what rig you decide on.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #98
Plain Old Member

We are going with a fifth wheel this time. Just ordered new one, another manufacturer, today as there were just a few features that forest river could not offer in what we needed. However, not leaving the forum. If we decide to keep this rig a while, just might have the roof done like yours.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #99
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
We are going with a fifth wheel this time. Just ordered new one, another manufacturer, today as there were just a few features that forest river could not offer in what we needed. However, not leaving the forum. If we decide to keep this rig a while, just might have the roof done like yours.
Feel free to name the brand and model. We won't get offended. ;-) Actually quite honored that you want to stick around. It's a testament to the forum participants for making this such a great place!
Old 08-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #100
Plain Old Member

2014 Heartland Gateway 3650BH. 2 things we've wanted in a fifth wheel from the get go was a residential fridge, and a tub, since we'll be full timing. We originally were going with the Cedar creek 36B4, as all it was missing was the tub. Of course they discontinued it. Then it was going to be the Silverback 35QB4, but it didn't offer the residential fridge or tub. We were pretty much down to "settling" on the Silverback knowing it didn't have all we wanted, and then my wife came across the Gateway. It had all of the above, and at a price point similar to a Silverback, maybe a shade more. I still like Forest River, and may go back to one if they start offering more options geared toward young families, in a high end unit. It's just my opinion, but if you build a bunk house, put a darn tub in it, or at least have it as an option. There's a good chance the people buying it have little ones, who don't take showers. Some manage fine bathing kids in a shower, but after 2 motorhomes with the corner shower, my wife pretty much made her mind up that she wanted a tub again.

As I said before, I'm not leaving this forum. There are some awesome people on here. I hope I can still help somebody, and somebody can still help me along the way. Guess I robbed this thread with something that has nothing to do with cracked roofs, so back to the original subject.