Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #101

Enough about roof cracks... Lets see pics if that new rig! Hope it all works out the way you want it.
4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #102
Plain Old Member

4G, a little late responding here, but I'll definitely post pictures when I get it, estimated late October. Got another thread going on the fifth wheel side where we're fixing to begin work on our cargo trailer with washer / dryer and other stuff.

I was digging around a minute ago trying to find the end of the Internet, and on rvroof.com they have pictures of what appears to be your rig, I think in the fiberglass roof section. Caption says 4 months old with cracks in fiberglass roof or something like that. Either way, looks like yours, so you made the Internet news I reckon. I'm still considering having the same thing done to our new rig.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #103

Haha! Thanks for letting me know. Yes, that's it. The cracks were in spinous down the entire length of roof on the drivers side. I should get a royalty for having my coach on there. Anyway, I appreciate FR working with us on it and taking care of the issue. I can't wait to go out and use it again, but it's been in the shop for over 3weeks for just a few minor issue. Not FR fault, it's the dealer. I did find out another RV repair center nearby can do warranty work so I'll take it there from now on. Looking forward to seeing the new rig of yours!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #104

That's various... Not spinous
Old 07-03-2015, 03:39 PM   #105

It has been a couple if years. How is your roof holding up? Love to here a report.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #106

Hello Garrette, Sorry Ive been away from the forum for months now. Life got busy! Yes, an update on the roof....I just posted under another thread you mentioned me on. Yes, we are still very happy with our roof. Actually, we have pretty much forgotten about it because we are so confident in the roof. Nothing to caulk anymore, and the all dirt and pollen just rinses off with rain for the most part. I did go up and give it a light scrub once, and looked it over. You do have to be careful because when its wet, it can get slick. The company RVroof.com is now offering a lifetime warranty now, whereas mine was 20 yrs. However, I'm confident if I never needed anything they would help me out many years from now. The topcoat still looks brand new and glossy white, and the material has really added some serious protection, and sound dampening. We drove up to Maine last fall and stayed a few nights in the Adirondacks. These small, yet solid pine cones were dropping everywhere. I was was worried about the hood of the ford, but not the roof!
Old 07-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #107

Thank you for the report. I am so glad you are enjoying your RV and new roof. The roof topic came up again so I resurrected the thread I have finally got my roof envelope and the very first sign of trouble, well. So far, no cracks and no leaks. Getting tired of caulking.
Safe travels.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote