Old 08-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #71

Yes, they cover over anything that protrudes through the roof. Vent covers and kids can be changed, but not the frame. The antenna base plate will be covered so, it would take some work to upgrade later. All caulk is removed and then all seams sprayed over, and the front and rear cap seam. The ladder brackets are sealed as well. Once it's done, no caulking is ever needed again on the roof. The process was cheaper than a roof replacement, so we chose that route. Adds about 100-150 lbs. to the roof weight. I spoke with three references who spoke highly of it. Said the coach was much cooler now, and insulated from sound.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #72

****Lids, not kids.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #73

Just started my roof replacement fund. Envelope marked roof replacement, seed money $20. Gotta start somewhere. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the updates. If I was retired, I would meet you there just to watch. I understand FR will cover the job. Hope there is $0 out of your pocket.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #74
Plain Old Member

Still wonder why some manf don't just do this from the get go. Gotta be some reason. cheaper to replace with this, so you'd think it'd be just as cheap to do it during manufacturing. But, you know they got a patent on THAT stuff. Worry free for the most part. Does say at some point years down the road you might have to recoat the white when it wears off. Aggravates me they say 20 years, yet in the finer print there are a few quirks. Even then, I like it way better than any other roof I've seen, and will consider doing our new fifth wheel at some point. Gotta buy it first. You can bet you won't be the last sunseeker owner to have it done.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #75

I know what you mean. A service tech recently told me a luxury fifth wheel brand is now using a similar product from the factory, but I can't remember the name. The place I'm going to does more rubber roofs than fiberglass. They have a few customers who bring brand new rigs since they have had the product previously, but most customers are those with leaks and degrading roof. She told me the white top coat is needed in 7-10 years to freshen it up, but that time frame is based in a unit outdoors in sun. Ours is under a carport, so it may not be needed. If it does, they will do it, or a gallon pail they supply can be put on with a roller easily.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #76
Plain Old Member

Well, in that case, if we were not going full time and kept doing like we're doing (keeping them indoors when not camping), it'd probably last longer than I'd want to keep the RV. Never had one over 4 years tops, but that's slowly changing. I'm probably gonna be one of those people to bring a brand new unit to them. Wish I knew which manf of fifth wheel was already doing it, but, more than likely since its a luxury unit, they don't cater to bunkhouse people.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #77

How much weight will this coating add to the Coach?
Old 08-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
How much weight will this coating add to the Coach?

Only about 125 lbs but it's up high which is the worse place you can add weight from a handling perspective.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #79

Do you really think 125 lbs. would make a difference across a whole roof? I'll have to lay on the roof and have the wife drive around and test the handling.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gcampers View Post
Do you really think 125 lbs. would make a difference across a whole roof? I'll have to lay on the roof and have the wife drive around and test the handling.
Wait! Wait! Let me get my camera. Be willing to bet the sheet vinyl will weight that much..