Old 08-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gcampers
Do you really think 125 lbs. would make a difference across a whole roof? I'll have to lay on the roof and have the wife drive around and test the handling.
It can be 125#s of paint or 300 lbs of water soaked roof wood. Been there, done that! LOL.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gcampers View Post
Do you really think 125 lbs. would make a difference across a whole roof? I'll have to lay on the roof and have the wife drive around and test the handling.

All I meant was that if you must add weight to the coach, it is always best to add it as low as possible. Whether it is spread across the roof or in one spot makes no difference unless you have axle or tire weight issues and need to position the weight in a specific spot. Moving weight up just raises the center of gravity and makes the vehicle more sensitive to leaning and over turning. Now will 125# make a noticeable difference, No, but based on the laws of physics there will be a change albeit very small. I always think about an objects weight to to determine where I should store it in the coach. I store the heaviest items as low as possible and the lighter it is the higher it will be stored. For example canned goods are stored at the bottom of the pantry and potato chips are stored on the top shelf.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #83

Quote:
Glad to hear. I'll keep everyone posted. We are scheduled on the 12th. Should take three days for prep, spray and cure. The only negative issue I see is if you ever have to replace a vent opening frame or vent pipe. It would be need to be done at the shop where it was applied since you have to take it off with an angle grinder. But, I would think replacing a vent frame would be rare.
Did you get in? Will they remove the sheet vinyl?
Old 08-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #84

Just dropped it off today! Drove 2.5 hours to leave it until thurs. The owner there was great. He explained the whole process and immediately saw the issues with our cracks. He showed me a sample if the roof, a little thicker than a pringle chip. He snapped a piece off to show how it can be brittle. The areas along the seam had bubbled up a bit, so any pressure or flexing would cause it to crack. They remove all the caulk and all roof fixtures, spray over the fiberglass, front and rear cap seams and side down to the rain gutter. I'll post some pics when I pick it up.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #85

Quote:
Just dropped it off today! Drove 2.5 hours to leave it until thurs. The owner there was great. He explained the whole process and immediately saw the issues with our cracks. He showed me a sample if the roof, a little thicker than a pringle chip. He snapped a piece off to show how it can be brittle. The areas along the seam had bubbled up a bit, so any pressure or flexing would cause it to crack. They remove all the caulk and all roof fixtures, spray over the fiberglass, front and rear cap seams and side down to the rain gutter. I'll post some pics when I pick it up.
Let us know what the cost out the door was if you don't mind...
Old 08-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #86

Quote:
Has me thinking. I guess I should be careful as to the roof clearance to tree branches. For me, the roof was a big deal for me. Just wanted a roof that I would have to worry about.
I think we are all waiting on your unvarnished truth and pictures of the coating process. Of course, the proof will be down the road.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #87

This stuff seems pretty indestructible. Although, unless you were having issues you would prob. would be better waiting until you had the need. At point though, he took a roof panel sample and stabbed it with a big screwdriver and it just bounces off.

The only drawback I can see is if you ever had to have major structural work done, such as replacing an entire side wall of the unit from an accident or something. All of the seams are permanently covered with this spray, so in order to dismantle things you would have to do a lot of cutting. I'm Hoping that will never come into play!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #88

Any pics or updates on the outcome. BCLEMENS.. Is this Sunseekers solution to cracked roofs?
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #89

Sorry for the delay in getting pictures for you all. I will as soon as I can. To answer your questions:

Our dealer worked with FR to come up with a resolution. We had the choice to use a local body shop to repair our roof and replace the fiberglass or use the aftermarket coating. The coating was a little less expensive, and after speaking with some previous customers, we opted to go the route with the coating. The main reasoning was that it truly made it a seamless roof, no caulking will ever be needed on the roof, it insulates the roof for a cooler coach, and deadens the sound. We certainly could have opted for the new fiberglass sheet, but ultimately would still need to perform routine roof maintenance, replace sealants and so forth.

I can't speak on behalf of Forest River, but I would assume a typical fix to this problem would normally be to replace the fiberglass membrane instead to keep the factory roof. I appreciated the the fact the FR considered out request and ultimately approved the coating as well. Our dealer paid for the repairs and will be reimbursed by FR. I am relieved that FR made the situation right. I wish that our roof never had the issue, but that's life I guess. Now that I know it's goo and dry, we can take it back to our dealer and drop it off for some other warranty repairs.

With that being said, this is a repost form another forum:

Well, I am happy with the new roof we just got on our 2014 Sunseeker. I was nervous using an aftermarket company to repair our roof (RVroof.com) however this new roof appears to be tough as nails. I could see it outlasting the coach by 20 years. They removed those "rails" you refer to that hold the fiberglass down, screwed the fiber back down, then sprayed the whole roof with the poly coating, including down the radius sides. Now, the water is free to roll off anywhere it wants to. Time will tell how this roof holds up, but I essentially have two roofs. I was really impressed with David and Jennifer who did the work.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #90

Drumroll please...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2604270503.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	38357   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2993304428.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	38358   Click image for larger version