Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #1

ruff trim work and queen bed quality

We picked up are new 3010ds last mouth and when we where doing the walk through we saw two things we did not like. The wood trim under the main tv is very ruff and looks like poor quality control. The queen bed hase very little padding and seems to be cheep. Do you think I should contact forest river about this? Thanks for any input you have for me on this.
bikeit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #2

Good Moirning: The bedding they use seems to be generic as we have the same thing-we purchased a topper and it did improve the situation.As far as the trim I would go back to the seller. Good luck.
Wilkrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #3

We've also had a mattress topper bought from CW 10 yrs ago. It's been absolutely wonderful since it's a memory foam. It was a lil' pricey, but well worth the investment.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Rod Johnsons Co Pilot

I think our bed is really comfy, only gripe I/we have is that there is no insulation under the bed or storage and it gets freezing cold there. A blanket folded up helped alot last time, till Rod needed it to sleep! any other suggestions to help insulate and make the bed warmer?
Traci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Site Team

Why not have your service department look at the trim and see if they can do anything. My service tech added a piece of trim under a counter top when I noticed the stain was hit & missed at the top of a lower cabinet. Granted the only time I could see it was from outside the entry door but that the life of a short girl.

RV mattress are thinner & don't come with a box spring. Add a good topper and see if that helps with the padding. You could try a heated mattress cover.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #6

We had a similar trim issue under the TV. It seems many dealers remove the TVs during setup as they are an easy target for thieves, who can abscond with them in about 90 seconds. Sometimes the crew are careless and damage the trim. PrimeTime replaced our damaged trim without question.
A Memory Foam topper will fix your bed issues. We have a 4" foam that is terrific!

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 26,890; Nights camped; lost count!
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeit02 View Post
We picked up are new 3010ds last mouth and when we where doing the walk through we saw two things we did not like. The wood trim under the main tv is very ruff and looks like poor quality control. The queen bed hase very little padding and seems to be cheep. Do you think I should contact forest river about this? Thanks for any input you have for me on this.
Did you take the regular mattress or upgrade to the Serta? We get great reviews on the Serta euro top mattress. Has a very thick quilting sewn into the top. Our regular mattress (which is what most mfg's offer) is just an innerspring. I upgrade 99% of all my dealers to the Serta, I'd like to make it standard, but that's part of what separates it from the Forester.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #8

We also purchased a 2013 3010 DS. We purchased the upgraded mattress nad are happy with it. I have not seen any problems with the wod trim.
kswing60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #9

Does Camping World or another dealer sell the upgraded Serta mattress so that we can see it for ourselves before purchasing? We are also considering an 8" memory foam mattress. Anybody like those better?

RVFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #10
CampingQueen

We have the Serta upgrade mattress and find it to be pretty comfortable! Now, if the kids could have something as nice in the bunkhouse they would like it, but I figure they should just be glad they each have their own beds and suck it up
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci View Post
I think our bed is really comfy, only gripe I/we have is that there is no insulation under the bed or storage and it gets freezing cold there. A blanket folded up helped alot last time, till Rod needed it to sleep! any other suggestions to help insulate and make the bed warmer?
try thi under the matress
Foamular 1/4 in. x 4 ft. x 50 ft. Fanfold-10UM at The Home Depot
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Did you take the regular mattress or upgrade to the Serta? We get great reviews on the Serta euro top mattress. Has a very thick quilting sewn into the top. Our regular mattress (which is what most mfg's offer) is just an innerspring. I upgrade 99% of all my dealers to the Serta, I'd like to make it standard, but that's part of what separates it from the Forester.
We did not order are class c we bought it off the lot did not know about this option. Thanks for the information and every ones posts.
bikeit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #13

We replaced our futon type mattress with an 8 inch memory foam mattress we got from Living Social. com One of those discount offer places on the net where you can sign up for deals in your local city. Had a foam topper for a couple of years but it was not enough. Only thing about the new mattress is it a full size queen. Guess I measured wrong and now it is a bit too long for the platform but it sleeps SO much better!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #14

We have the Serta in our 2300 we sleep better on it then the Mattress Factory bed we have in our home.
tlf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #15
Oklahoma Proud

I can understand your pain. We didn't realize the difference in matresses when we ordered our 5er. Asked the dealer about the $125 upgrade to serta, and he said the non option was just a regular camper matress. Needless to say we didn't get the serta and the standard matress sux, like you stated. After our first trip we swapped matresses with one in our homes guest bed. Now I just have to buy another guest matress.
Btw it wasn't any fun getting the original matress out, but it was in our 5ers front neck bedroom.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #16

The Serta mattress is pretty awesome. In our old camper, we only had a bench sofa that made into a bed. We tried everything to make it comfortable and finally ended up buying a short queen eurotop memory foam mattress from Camping world. I think it was over $400, but it made an incredible difference.

If you are close to TN and want a nice mattress, let me know. When we traded, the dealer didn't want anything that wasn't part of the original coach, so we had to take it out. Haven't figured out what to do with it yet. :-)

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci View Post
Heated mattress pad. Warms from the bottom and is awesome!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #18

Another option is a store called The Original Mattress Factory. They will custom make any size you want for any mattress they make. We have them for our beds at home & our Sunseeker. Great mattress. Very highly rated chain store & mattresses by Consumer Reports.

Threw the standard Sunseeker mattress in the dumpster at the last campground we were at. Bought a stock unit from RVDirect. It had the standard mattress. Wanted the upgraded Serta. But, you get the unit as equipped if you buy a stock unit from them.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #19

One of the first things we did w/ our sunseeker is buy a new mattress. My wife insisted we get one b4 we went on our second trip. I think it was like 300 bucks. Kind of pricey, but very comfortable. Do not open a replacement mattress outside of the unit! Ours opened up like a life boat, would be difficult to get it in opened!
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #20

Hey Mike, Is that the memory foam mattress? Was wondering which would be better, the memory foam or upgraded Serta?

RVFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed