Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #1

Russ Dean RV is the Best!

About a year ago an issue we had with our new Sunseeker RV prompted a post here by the manufacture regarding grey water tank sizes. Our unit was delivered with a grey water tank with a volume that was less than ½ the size stated in the sales brochure. We got the song from them that people wanted smaller tanks and more storage. Funny the reply’s regarding their post did not indicate that. Well to make a long story short; we just got our unit back from the dealership, were they accomplished what Forest River said could not (or maybe would not). The dealership was able to retrofit the coach with a larger tank (back to spec.) and we did not lose any storage space in the process. They were also able to shame Forest River into helping pay for part of it. I felt that Forest River should have picked up the whole tab. But the best they would do was pay for just a little over 1/3 of the cost, with the dealership and myself picking up the rest. Well like I said we just picked the unit up and (WOW) they did a fantastic job! You cannot tell that any changes had been made, other than the fact that we now have over twice the storage capacity. They even picked up the whole balance of the bill. Now that is customer service! Something maybe Forest River should learn! Bottom line the staff at Russ Dean Family RV in Pasco Washington are the best. I am so glad we made the choice to travel the 250 miles or so to purchase from them. Other campers have asked “when you moving up to a class A and will it be a Forest River”? For now my answer is, maybe in a few years when the kids are out of the house…..well most likely not a Forest River product….but for sure I will be going to Russ Dean RV first! If anyone in the Pacific Northwest is in the market for an RV I highly recommend Russ Dean RV…these guys are the best!
4st-rvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
Commercial Member

First off, let me begin by saying that I am here in my own personal capacity on my personal time. The company does not direct that I help out here, I help simply because I see a need and I have unique access to solutions. I too have been helped by forums like this and so I attempt to do the same. While I appreciate your enthusiasm and agree that Russ Dean is a very good dealer it is posts like this that discourage me from getting involved at all.

"We got the song from them that people wanted smaller tanks and more storage."

"Them" was me and I assure that is blatantly false. I never said that "people wanted smaller tanks" My exact phrase was people wanted more storage and to get that, we had to sacrifice certain things. With fewer people dry camping and more accessible sites, the tanks seemed to be less of an issue. You said it yourself you bought that particular unit because it had the most gray water storage of any Class C...that is because most of our competitors were in that 30 gallon range. The same range we transitioned to.

"They were also able to shame Forest River into helping pay for part of it."

No one shamed anyone into doing anything. I walked into the GM's office after talking to you AND Russ Dean and asked him to take a look at this situation. He did what he felt was appropriate given the situation.

"They even picked up the whole balance of the bill. Now that is customer service! Something maybe Forest River should learn"

Oh, so Forest River did not help at all? That is also false, as I know exactly what FR did.

To be fair and tell the whole story, what happened was you looked at a particular unit on the lot that stated certain tank sizes. You ended up ordering a unit instead. At the time you were ordering your unit, we were making major changes to the Sunseeker. Including but not limited to...
2" fully insulated vacuum bonded floor, integrated entry step eliminating the need of a power step, moving the batteries into the step well where they are clean and dry, and most of all "Enclosing and heating" the black and gray tanks and dump valves. That unfortunately required resizing the tanks and after looking at other mfg's it seemed that tank size was about the average for Class C's. We had no way to know you bought the unit based solely on the gray tank size (as you mentioned to me) and you had no way to know we were making changes. An unfortunate bit of timing, but no ill intent.

In the end Russ Dean and Forest River both contributed to a final solution that appears to have satisfied your needs. I have no problem with you praising the efforts of Russ Dean,I enjoy seeing it. I just wish you wouldn't have to bash Forest River in the process as if we had nothing to do with the solution. I was personally involved with your issue from early on all the way through to the end. Along with several people from parts, and service and management. As a parent, I have learned to live life giving praise, not receiving it...but I will also not sit idly by watching misinformation spread.

I apologize for the rant, but I felt it necessary.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #3

maybe the guy who started this thread
felt bad regarding some of his past dealings
possibly his way of cleaning it up a little
(blowing some extra smoke up someones tailpipe)
possibly should have been taken
with an extra grain of salt
instead
of being shot down ??
after thoughts can be a killer
Mountainman
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I'd be happy to delete this post and move it to a PM where it may be more appropriate...but it appears the "edit button" only works for so long.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #5

Well feel free to delete this, but I felt it needed to be said. Bottom line is I exchanged dialog back and forth with FR for over a month and in my final correspondence I was told “It's not just a new tank, but an entirely new design with how the tanks are installed. The supplier would probably give you a new tank…but there is no room to install it.” The dealership looked at it and within 5 minutes had a plan in place. They took care of me, where FR would not. Sorry it is what it is, I respect companies that stand behind their customers, no blowing smoke.
4st-rvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #6

"First off, let me begin by saying that I am here in my own personal capacity on my personal time. The company does not direct that I help out here, I help simply because I see a need and I have unique access to solutions. I too have been helped by forums like this and so I attempt to do the same. While I appreciate your enthusiasm and agree that Russ Dean is a very good dealer it is posts like this that discourage me from getting involved at all."

I for one very much appreciate what you and other FR employees do on this forum. Thank you. I met one of your co workers Paul G. this week at an RV show. You are good people.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote