Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
Wow, thanks for the interest in this topic! I have a Ford Chasis. I'm currently in Southern Oregon in a coastal town, but not directly on the ocean. I think I'm safe. But I'm worried about Texas on the Gulf Coast next summer. I'm having trouble finding someone that can professionally apply it. I have a car washing spray gun, I guess I can just spray it once a week......
The sea salt is not as corrosive. We have friends that own a vacation home in Galveston Texas - constantly exposed to the sea air. Stuff will rust quicker than inland.
Road salt is by far the worse on any vehicle chassis.

There are companies that do underbody coating but you may find that a very pricey for an RV chassis.
Start with the inspection, if your chassis doesn't have aggressive rust - then you are saved on the hard part.

I wish I took more photos of chassis before I started cleaning and treating. I have some photos of the rear of the coach where I removed the rear bumper and hitch. A brand new coach and the bottom of the square bumper was almost all rust. My back Big Foot leveler pads were in the worse condition with paint literally peeling off in pieces attached to rust scales.

Bobby
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
por 15 is a great, if a bit pricey product.
$ 47. 00 for a quart, cheap compared to a shop that will rip you off undercoating in the 400.00 range. just dont get it on your hands or garage floor 1 qt will do the entire frame and more... best money by far...

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #23
Love My Sunseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgilly View Post
My back Big Foot leveler pads were in the worse condition with paint literally peeling off in pieces attached to rust scales.

Bobby

Um, I've had the coach for one year, and already paint is peeling off one of my BigFoot's.

Let's see, after I bought the coach, I stayed six months in Issaquah, WA where it rained every day, then I went to the Washington Coast for a month, then I was hosting inland for a month, then back to the Washington Coast for a month, and then spent the summer in North Dakota, and now I'm on the Oregon Coast. The peeling started while I was in North Dakota.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory, roo, roof