Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #1

RV Cover with Fridge on.

Hey all.... Getting ready for the season... Normally I have been out 3 or 4 times by now, but the Ohio winters have just sucked. Took inventory yesterday and turned the fridge on (electric). I have a Camco rv cover for my 3010 which seems pretty breathable. I was thinking last night that the fridge exhaust on top expels some heat.... Has anyone had experience with the rv cover and having the fridge on?
osgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #2

Does a RV fridge put out heat while on electric?
I know they do when you are burning gas to keep it cool but what makes heat when on electric?
Old 03-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Does a RV fridge put out heat while on electric?
I know they do when you are burning gas to keep it cool but what makes heat when on electric?
On electric the refer will still put out heat just from changing the ammo. from liquid to gas. it is the rear coil that will put off the heat. That little burner or pilot light what ever you want to call it adds but is is the coil no matter if it is gas or electric. That's where the transfer take place.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
On electric the refer will still put out heat just from changing the ammo. from liquid to gas. it is the rear coil that will put off the heat. That little burner or pilot light what ever you want to call it adds but is is the coil no matter if it is gas or electric. That's where the transfer take place.
AHHH, I never checked it out last year when we used the fridge, I will this year and check to see how hot it gets.

Thank you.

Tags
cover, fridge