Old 09-01-2016, 03:12 PM   #1

rv not level

We picked up our 2017 3010ds 5 days ago. We were having it alignment, and noticed the passenger side was 2 inches lower at the rear than the drivers side.
We are waiting for Forest Rivers response. No it is not overloaded. Same equipment as the 3012 3100ss we traded.

Any one have this problem?

Old 09-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Be sure to check with the Sunseeker division, not Forest River proper.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 42; booked = 20
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #3
Chief tinkerer

Sorry, but I have to ask if you checked the air bag pressure. Our 2017 3010DS had a bad leak on the passenger side bag top connector. It would go from 70 to 10psi in an 8 hour drive. Dealer tightened it and it has held 70 for three weeks.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:19 PM   #4

air bags are ok . putting more air in one did not bring it up.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway View Post
We picked up our 2017 3010ds 5 days ago. We were having it alignment, and noticed the passenger side was 2 inches lower at the rear than the drivers side.
We are waiting for Forest Rivers response. No it is not overloaded. Same equipment as the 3012 3100ss we traded.

Any one have this problem?
Our 2017 2300 sits a little low on the passenger side but not 2", I messed around with the air pressures in each bag and got it pretty level side to side now.. Being new to the motorhome world is a alignment necessary righ out of the gate on a new coach? My seems to drive straight enough but the steering wheel is out of center by a tad and I can swear if you look straight on at the front tires it looks like they are tipped out at the top... Where does on take a class c to get a alignment done? I'm assuming the dealer whee we bought it doesn't have a alignment rack and I know my local ford dealer doesn't have doors tall enough to get the rig in their shop!
Beards79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Is there a way to measure the bag pressure? You say you put air in, how do you know it is holding air?

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards79 View Post
Our 2017 2300 sits a little low on the passenger side but not 2", I messed around with the air pressures in each bag and got it pretty level side to side now.. Being new to the motorhome world is a alignment necessary righ out of the gate on a new coach? My seems to drive straight enough but the steering wheel is out of center by a tad and I can swear if you look straight on at the front tires it looks like they are tipped out at the top... Where does on take a class c to get a alignment done? I'm assuming the dealer whee we bought it doesn't have a alignment rack and I know my local ford dealer doesn't have doors tall enough to get the rig in their shop!
An alignment should not be necessary as soon as it's purchased unless it somehow got knocked out of alignment after Ford or GM aligned it at the factory.

I think E Series alignment is positive camber so it would be correct that the top would be "tipped out" slightly.

Where to get it aligned is a good question - you just need to call around to alignment shops, including truck shops.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:24 AM   #8

your info advises an alignment when new. Ours was out, and now we do not have the sway.
the air only corrected 1/4 inch.

We are waiting for our dealer to hear from Sunseeker.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:17 AM   #9
Class C Representative

The firestone airbags are meant to raise and lower the rear to level out the coach. It sounds like one side has less air than the other.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:28 AM   #10

Quote:

Something doesn't sound right there. Putting air in *should* move it up...assuming you are not already over inflated. It may still not solve your issue but if putting air in does not change anything at all, somethings wrong with your airbags.