Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2015, 08:09 AM   #21
Commercial Member

First off, that loop should be feeding your satellite dish not the main incoming line.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Satellite Connections.pdf (207.1 KB, 62 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:26 AM   #22

Do I have to go into the wall for any hookup I tried following the schematic I got from your posting I still was doing something wrong I know how to do it if I run the sat to rec then to tv but was trying to do it the right way

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-30-2015, 08:29 AM   #23
Commercial Member

Yes, that's why the jumper is there. Take off the jumper. The bottom connects to your receiver, then your receiver goes OUT into the top section which then feeds all the other TV's via coax.

Booster button off for Sat, booster ON for over the air.

Last page shows the sat hook up. The only difference is that is a 3 port plate for roof pre-wire. Only use the middle if you have roof sat.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:38 AM   #24

Am I having to pull wires out of the wall or just removing the loop and hooking up to the cable fittings where I just removed loop from I thought that was what I did yesterday following schematic

Old 03-30-2015, 08:41 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Just remove the loop. There should be no pulling wires.

The park cable FEEDS into the bottom of the loop. Disconnect the jumper connect coax from the bottom to the receiver and connect the receiver to the TV with HDMI. If that does not work, try the top connection out of the jumper. maybe they hooked them up backwards.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:45 AM   #26

Ok I got it now I do have an out on my receiverClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1427723147.657562.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	72529

Old 03-30-2015, 08:48 AM   #27
Commercial Member

Yes, that goes into the OTHER coax connection on the jumper. But from the receiver to the main TV you should use HDMI

Old 03-30-2015, 08:48 AM   #28

Thanks don't know how you put up with some of the stuff you help with Thanks again

Old 03-30-2015, 08:49 AM   #29
Commercial Member

I drink a lot

Old 03-31-2015, 12:58 PM   #30

Thanks again Bclemens I got satellite in today from tailgater have in living room bedroom outside entertainment off one receiver in living room using existing cable line . Antenna works perfect also my unit is a 2015 3050s. Receiver in to top loop receiver out bottom loop receiver hdmi to tv also tv on hdmi 1 other tv's on channel 3 receiver off for antenna . Booster on.Scan channels

Old 06-04-2015, 03:08 AM   #31

Question for BCLEMENS HDMI SWITCH BOX-Portable Dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We've talked about offering some sort of direct connection for each TV, but that is not without its own problems.

3. HDMI would be our preferred choice, but its not cheap. To wire for that we would need to have an HDMI switch box. Now that means we run an HDMI box with one input and 4 outputs that would run to each TV.
Hi Brian,
I've been doing searches and got your sat wiring diagram but I still need to ask you a couple of questions:

I have a new 2014 Sunseeker 2650S. Large HDTV over cab and we upgraded the bedroom TV to a 27" HDTV, and a Outside HDTV when parked. I recently got the Dish Tailgater. 211 z bundle. Would a HDMI switch box be the best option to be able to 3 TVs with hdmi hookup, which type and what are the steps? Sidenote, I really prefer to have the bedroom tv be my main tv because I watched it the most and would prefer to have the receiver on shelf I put up in bedroom above tv already but I think by your specs it can only run off cab tv utilizing the jumper (although I'm still not really clear)Based on what I would like to do and what I can actually do, can you please advise me on 1. How to hook up all 3 tvs on hdmi switch box if possible? 2. Can I make my set up as the bedroom tv being the main or a way the receiver can stay in bedroom if possible & how would I do this? 3. How would I incorporate a Apple TV for seldom use when I have good wifi? 4. Are any splitters needing to be installed or are they already behind walls? I need to forward your info to my mechanic who is currently doing this and some other upgrades. Thank you!
Old 06-05-2015, 10:58 AM   #32
Commercial Member

1. Yes. HDMI multiplexer (most good ones are powered) would be the best to get HD to each TV. They will all have the same signal however unless you work something like a Joey in. I have no personal experience with the types...so someone else here might be better suited to give recommendations.
2. If you're not using over the air channels. Just turn off the power antenna and then the same outside feed (sat) should be feeding to the bedroom coax as well, so the receiver could be located there.

In a nutshell, what I would do.
1. turn off power antenna.
2. Locate receiver in the bedroom with an HDMI multiplexer behind. You would look for one that is powered more than likely due to the length of cables. needs to have ONE in, 3 OUT.
3. You will have to run each wire as a home run. (starts at multiplexer and each TV has a separate HDMI cable feeding it). You could run that below, in cabinets or behind some surface mount wire moulding.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. Yes. HDMI multiplexer (most good ones are powered) would be the best to get HD to each TV. They will all have the same signal however unless you work something like a Joey in. I have no personal experience with the types...so someone else here might be better suited to give recommendations.
2. If you're not using over the air channels. Just turn off the power antenna and then the same outside feed (sat) should be feeding to the bedroom coax as well, so the receiver could be located there.

In a nutshell, what I would do.
1. turn off power antenna.
2. Locate receiver in the bedroom with an HDMI multiplexer behind. You would look for one that is powered more than likely due to the length of cables. needs to have ONE in, 3 OUT.
3. You will have to run each wire as a home run. (starts at multiplexer and each TV has a separate HDMI cable feeding it). You could run that below, in cabinets or behind some surface mount wire moulding.

Thank you for your response. If I decide against having to run long hdmi cables to each tv from mulitplexer (I assume it needs to be hardwired) and avoiding the cost of hdmi wireless for now. In referring to your diagram it looks like I have to use the lvrm tv as main and have recver there and use outside coax and reconfigure jumper. What do I do for the below set up, is it still possible?

Bedrm tv w/ satellite receiver using hdmi directly from rcver to tv. Portable sat cable coming in from oustide bedroom coax, (this hook up does not currently work as is using this outside coax, then inside bedroom coax) Liv Rm Tv using a coax somehow? And outside TV coax somehow? What would I do with jumper in this case and outside lvrm coax? Thank you in advance.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:22 PM   #34

Long message alert!

Here is my answer to a private message that I figured would be worth sharing with others.

Originally Posted by gsalsa06

1. Hi there, I saw your above post. Would you be so kind to tell me which wireless hdmi xmtr/rcvr you used in your Sunseeker?

No problem!

2. So you have hdmi going for your main and bedroom tv, and coax for outside tv?

No, all HDMI.

My receiver sits on top of the over the cab bed, on the driver side close to the power and cable connections.

I have a patch panel on the front of the cabinet where my selector box is. http://www.magnadyne.com/catalog/par...7326&CID=25912
This is factory supplied box.

So from outside cable connection to inside the coach is a straight run of cable that is the cable input on the above box. I disconnected that cable and connected it to a cable connector plate on the front of the cabinet. I run a cable across along the overhead (behind the curtain rail for the bunk) to the driver side where it connects to the DISH receiver.

The HDMI output of the dish receiver goes to source 1 (input) for this HDMI wireless transmitter/receiver.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

The wired HDMI output goes to an HDMI cable splitter:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

From the splitter one HDMI cable goes to my main TV above the bed, the other HDMI cable runs back across, down, under the couch and up and out to the outside TV which is directly behind my couch (cable run provided by Forest River).

Behind the bedroom TV is the wireless receiver which I power off the USB port on the TV, HDMI cable to TV.

A couple of nuances to be aware of, with the splitter setup I use, the cable to the outside TV is normally disconnected because it only works when the outside TV is powered on, otherwise no signal goes to the main TV.

Also, when I turn on the bedroom TV, the main TV will momentarily lose signal while it syncs up with the bedroom TV.

I am able to control the DISH receiver (211Z) from the bedroom by pointing towards the front of the coach.

3. Would you mind sending any pics or installation process? I have a Sunseeker 2650S and would like to also have hdmi capability.

Sorry, I didn't take any pics except for the outside TV cable location.

4. I assume if I use a hdmi diplexer, I have to run hard hdmi wires to each tv so I'm thinking wireless is better? I really only acutally care about having hdmi on my bedroom tv (main tv for me) and coax for living rm & outside tv and I'm using a Dish Tailgator portable w/ rcvr.

I didn't want to run HDMI cable from front to back, so I didn't go with a multiplexer setup.

5. Not sure what the easiest way to do this. My ext park cable hookups dont work as is, so I assume I have to rewire something. Any help would be really appreciated.
Many coaches are configured different. If you have the switchbox like mine, than it should work as I described. If you don't have a switchbox, you probably have a signal booster with a push button. If so, you have to modify the jumper cables behind that cable faceplate. Search the forums for info from Brian Clemens for how to do that.

I tried supplying the TVs with coax from a model 211K Dish receiver but the signal quality was very poor!

When I'm next at the MH I'll take a couple of pics.

Wes

Tags
satellite