Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2017, 02:02 PM   #1

Schwintek rear slide retracts after 3 resets

2015 sunseeker 2400R. We are in the middle of a five day trip. Our rear slide failed to retract yesterday. Error code was 6, motor short circuit. On the third reset, I heard a noise when trying to retract, so I hit extend and it acted like it was working. I was then able to fully retract it. The same thing happened this morning. Seems to me a motor short circuit would disable the motor regardless of the electronic reset. Can anyone enlighten me on what might be going on? Any suggestions on a field repair?
JoeSteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:23 AM   #2

it might not actually be a motor short circuit by maybe just a loose connection. check out all the electrical connections. Let the forum know what you find
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #3

As a stab in the dark when I was having awning issues on a trip the mobile repair guy troubleshot my problem and other problems namely burnt connections,to the Battery control box
On my 2860 the wire bundle bolts to the DC control box (fuse box) from under the right rear wheel well
That big bundle connection was loose from vibration
I look at it often and tighten as necessary
Good luck [emoji106]
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:46 AM   #4

The slide worked just fine this morning. I emailed Lippert yesterday and the tech said it was most likely a loose connection or damaged wire going to one of the motors. He suggested tracing the wire and looking for damage. Much easier said than done. I'll check it out when I get back home and post my findings here.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSteiner View Post
The slide worked just fine this morning. I emailed Lippert yesterday and the tech said it was most likely a loose connection or damaged wire going to one of the motors. He suggested tracing the wire and looking for damage. Much easier said than done. I'll check it out when I get back home and post my findings here.

As I was saying
When the tech was searching for a short in my awning he found that at least 6 leads on the bundle that connects these items to D.C. Power were BURNT
I'm not suggesting you have burnt wires but the loose connection would be an easy first place to look
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:47 PM   #6

My slide started working again.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:49 PM   #7

My slide started working again. I wiggled the connectors on the control box. I checked one spot where I had pulled the wires through a hole. I just tried the slide two times and it worked fine. It had a little shudder when I extended it so I lubed the slides and that seemed to fix it. So basically I never found anything wrong it will always be a mystery

Tags
slide