Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
We have a 2013 Sunseeker 3100. Its newer so should still be somewhat "tight". When driving, the screen door is constantly rattling around. Do others have the same thing? Did anybody figure out a good way to make it quieter? I know this house on wheels isn't going to ride like a Cadillac but just curious.

paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:39 AM   #2
The screen door on our 2011 Sunseeker 3100 rattled, too. I put a soft round stick-on bumper on the outside door. That stopped the rattle.

RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
In many cases this is just the bottom panel. Run a bead of caulk around the perimeter of that bottom panel.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
Plain Old Member
Mine turned out to be a striker plate adjustment. You could shut the door, but it never would shut tight enough, thus rattling. On ours, the striker has the first piece of metal it hits, then there is an inner piece. Both have the square cut out for the latch to go in, but inner one is a little further in. Hard to describe without a picture. A little finaggling with a big flat head screw driver and a little bending on the striker plate where the door would latch to the inner piece, and all is tight now. I do plan to later remove the striker and add some metal (weld) to make it latch even better. A little metal added, a little dremmeling and it'll work even better.
John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-7 / Little John-5 / Iva-1
Full Timing Again, Rev B
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote