That was one of my early "fixes". I had a set of stainless screws from a sprinkler valve that had failed; I kept the screws and tossed the remainder. Those screws happened to be the same size as the mild steel screws in the connector. Before running the screws in, I added a dab of clear sealant to keep the moisture from entering around the screws. Moisture will seep in, no matter how tight unless they have a sealant. Black fixture, stainless screws - looks good!
I did the same thing with all the screws under the sides and back. Even though it is aluminum trim that is attached to aluminum framing, the screws are hardened steel with the drill bit tip. Unscrew, add a dab of polyurethane, run 'em back in.
Here in the great north-wet, I'm always cognizant of mitigating moisture.
Now if Forest River would replace the water-collecting LED tail/stop/turn/backup fixtures... (Note to self: I gotta give them a call)
Formerly: 2000 Four Winds 26Q/Ford, '96 Kit Sportsmaster 22' 5th wheel, '91 Sunlite truck camper, Wildernest flip-top canopy