Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Cut notches around the hole to allow passage of the hose. The cover will still fit and all is good.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 40
I did same thing as RvBill3 did on mine,It worked great.
__________________

__________________

Dan and Nancy
2012 Sunseeker 3170DS/Ford E450
2016 nights camped (53)
badboy267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 22
You can buy bigger hole covers just like whats in it at a boat shop. Then cut the hole bigger and install it. I think it silly that they put such a small hole. If tou have a rhino you have to take the end off every time and the bad thing is it's almost big enough.
__________________
2012 Forester Class C 3011DS Full Body Paint
E-450 Ford
Ray F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 25
I had the same thing happen on my new 2300 the first time out....I hate getting old P__p and P__ on my hands when all I am looking to do is hook up the sewer hose. I could not believe that the hose opening was too damm small. So I had to take it off and install it inside the enclosed access door. I was a little PO'd after the incident until I saw this and it made me mad all over again. PUT a bigger access hole in for gods sake. I figured out it was easier to run it outside the access door than through it after my hose had a hole in it.
__________________
vacouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 95
I blame Rhino for not making their product pass through a standard 4" hole. They need to research the market before making a product.
Also, why should the consumer have to tighten the fittings?
__________________
davegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #16
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by davegood View Post
I blame Rhino for not making their product pass through a standard 4" hole. They need to research the market before making a product.
Also, why should the consumer have to tighten the fittings?
Ya think maybe FR should look at what's available on the market and design the openings accordingly? I would imagine Rhino was in production long before your coach was built. And, Rhino is not unlike the rest of the slinky hose manufacturers.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Ya think maybe FR should look at what's available on the market and design the openings accordingly? I would imagine Rhino was in production long before your coach was built. And, Rhino is not unlike the rest of the slinky hose manufacturers.
X2 I have a Rhino and another brand and neither fit in the bumper. They both fit in my 2003 Cherokee bumper though.
__________________
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post
X2 I have a Rhino and another brand and neither fit in the bumper. They both fit in my 2003 Cherokee bumper though.
The bumper is a very poor place to store a slinky, the inside of the bumper rusts and will wear holes in the slinky in very short time. Better to put a 5" or 6" pvc tube under it or somewhere on the trailer for the slinky.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,365
I have done the mod with the fence post. It just kills me not to being able to use a product for what is was designed for. I can't say 100% if it's FR issue or the hose manufacturer issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hose holder.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	17434  
__________________
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post
I have done the mod with the fence post. It just kills me not to being able to use a product for what is was designed for. I can't say 100% if it's FR issue or the hose manufacturer issue.
FR could solve two problems by using a pvc tube for the rear bumper; 1) better slinky storage 2) no bike racks could be attached
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.