Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #51
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by tlf65 View Post
I did exactly the same as RvBill3 with no problems. Now I just have to figure out where to put the old deck plate.
Trash can?

OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:27 AM   #52
Coachmen Adrenaline
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
But just to reiterate, we have requested a mold change for the roto-cast boxes, I believe that is done or close to done and we just need to use up current stock. In the meantime you are free to use any of the remedies mentioned in this post.
As BC has mentioned. We did put in for a change, and have started using the larger 5" holes. This change began in production on Monday.

jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #53
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
I removed old deck plate screws and plate. Used new plate to mark enlarged hole making use of as much of the old hole as possible. Used sabre saw to cut compartment bottom to size of larger hole (easy to cut). Cut from bottom up if you don't have clearance for saw inside compartment. Inserted new plate reusing old screws. (I used some sealant around plate bottom and screws.) Total job 15 minutes.
Ditto .....bought 5 inch deck plate at a RV supply place...wonder why they have those. Took out old plate, made template out of cardboard for new plates outline, traced, took roto -zip about 10 seconds to enlarge hole, put in new plate with 7400 rtv on seal area on plate, drilled in self tapping screws back into plate , covered screw thread that protruded in rtv, viola!!! Rhino hose we bought or just about anything will fit now!!

vacouple is offline   Reply With Quote