Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #1

Sewer hose storage

2015 sunseeker.docx

greg and I rv.docx

We just bought a Sunseeker 2450. Is there a special compartment for the sewer hose to be stored or do we put it in a serarate container for storage ? We forgot to ask during our walk through.
Thanks.
emmasmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #2
Average Joe

Not really. Some use the rear bumper or make and mount a tube. I just retract and cap my RhinoFLEX hose and store it in the dump valve compartment. Works for us.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:07 AM   #3

Same here. I bought the new Rhinoflex hoses and they won't fit in the bumper. Just put them in the compartment until I get my new bumper built.
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:12 AM   #4
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
Same here. I bought the new Rhinoflex hoses and they won't fit in the bumper. Just put them in the compartment until I get my new bumper built.
A Rhinoflex slinky will fit in a std 4-inch RV bumper. It has to oriented just right, but it will fit.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
x'2, they said they would, well they only got it 1/2 right one end will fit, had to sand of the knobies to get the other side in, gave Amazon a bad review for that one......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post
Not really. Some use the rear bumper or make and mount a tube. I just retract and cap my RhinoFLEX hose and store it in the dump valve compartment. Works for us.

x2 Fits in sewer compartment. Comes with caps so no problems with residue leaking. Also have the 5 foot (stretched) extension hose, a set of sewer hose supports, and a small plastic box with disposable gloves in the compartment. Also a small bucket I use to hold the end caps, etc., when not in use. Everything I need in one place. Added a 45 degree clear elbow to sewer valve outlet (and leave it permanently attached). Positions right over the deck plate (hole in compartment) so hose doesn't have a tight bend to get out of compartment, and also allows monitoring of dump process.

One of the first mods I did was to replace 4 inch deck plate with 5 inch so hose would fit through it. I think they switched to the larger one at the factory after several of us commented on it here (two years ago).
Old 06-07-2014, 05:15 AM   #7

We use a Thetford "Smartdrain". It's stouter than the basic hose. I store it in the rear "bumper" and the quick release levers have to be oriented just right to go into the "bumper".
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #8
RV Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
x'2, they said they would, well they only got it 1/2 right one end will fit, had to sand of the knobies to get the other side in, gave Amazon a bad review for that one......
Rhinoflex will fit without any cutting or sanding. I almost did it myself, then I realized each end will rotate at a swivel joint in order to orient the plastic knobs towards the inside corners of the bumper. Then 90 deg. elbow swivels so that it's end is flat with the inside wall of the bumper. No modifications necessary. You owe Amazon a good review!
xgzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #9

A Rhino will fit...barely...sometimes. Just depends on who was making the rear bumper that week
Better solution is to do the fencepost mod a lot of us have done. 5x5" fencepost at Lowes, bolt on the bumper & attach end caps. Use a 4" plastic gutter as a slide out storage/stabilizer. Here is a photo of OC's setup:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post583119
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #10

Our Rhino has fit in our bumpers on past 5ers but the new Sunseeker has a sheet metal screw on both ends of the bumper that stop the hose from going in.

I am afraid to remove the screws since the seem to be holding the metal bumper cover on.
PAWDWCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAWDWCamper View Post
Our Rhino has fit in our bumpers on past 5ers but the new Sunseeker has a sheet metal screw on both ends of the bumper that stop the hose from going in.

I am afraid to remove the screws since the seem to be holding the metal bumper cover on.
Remove the screws and use a pop rivet that won't rust.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Remove the screws and use a pop rivet that won't rust.
That's a good idea! When we get back from this trip, I will do that.

We have enough room to keep it in the compartment where the dump valves are, but I would rather keep the pipe separated as much as possible.
PAWDWCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #13

Had the same problem with the sheet metal screws on our new Sunseeker 2450 (can't fit the stinky slinky into the bumper). Happened to have a box of Ziploc XL storage bags - I cap both ends of the hose and store it in the Ziploc in the compartment. Also have a separate little clear plastic box for the rinse hose and extra caps/elbows, wipes, etc.
chumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgzx View Post
Rhinoflex will fit without any cutting or sanding. I almost did it myself, then I realized each end will rotate at a swivel joint in order to orient the plastic knobs towards the inside corners of the bumper. Then 90 deg. elbow swivels so that it's end is flat with the inside wall of the bumper. No modifications necessary. You owe Amazon a good review!
I own Amazon crap. It will not fit in my bumper only one end. I understand what you are saying but I tried 100 different ways. IT WILL NOT FIT. And I stick with my bad review.Just one end go's in without a problem....

Old 06-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #15
Professional Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I own Amazon crap. It will not fit in my bumper only one end. I understand what you are saying but I tried 100 different ways. IT WILL NOT FIT. And I stick with my bad review.Just one end go's in without a problem....
I take that one that doesn't fit off and put in the box with my other fittings. Then it will fit.

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #16

Thanks for all of your replies. We will be storing it in a large bin for now and will see if any other solutions work better for us. We are camping in North Carolina on our first ever RV outing and so far so good, except for the poor internet connection. Wish us luck!
Diane and Greg
emmasmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #17

I keep just the main hose in a tote wit no problems so I see nothing wrong with using one.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post
I take that one that doesn't fit off and put in the box with my other fittings. Then it will fit.
TexasBob, That is correct, the only way to do it. But and a big BUTT is that Amazon states it will fit into a 4" bumper, That is just sales BS. I did shave my knobs off and it still barely fit. I bought a Rhino Hose years ago. New it would not fit then but Amazon at that time did not make that statement. I thought they had a redesign but of course it was just BS. I wanted to carry 40' of hose which would have fit in the 4" bumper. Now only 1/2 will fit in again. It's just false advertising in my opinion.....So BUYER BEWARE.....

Old 06-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I keep just the main hose in a tote wit no problems so I see nothing wrong with using one.

I always keep it in a tote from day one but wanted to save some space so I bought and drank the koolaid. same hose more BS. I will kiss Amazon A-- in time square if they can make it fit....

Old 06-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmimi View Post
Thanks for all of your replies. We will be storing it in a large bin for now and will see if any other solutions work better for us. We are camping in North Carolina on our first ever RV outing and so far so good, except for the poor internet connection. Wish us luck!
Diane and Greg
Good Luck and Happy Camping. You might think about a jet pack from Verizon for your connection. I'm at Oceana NAS now and have 4G LTE with it....

Tags
storage