Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #1

Shake Down Cruise for 3010DS

Had a really nice time traveling to Craig Colorado for a week in the new motorhome. Stayed in the Yampa River State Park, which was really nice. Ended up driving 1000 and used 111 gal. of gas, for about 8.8 mpg average. The V-10 engine is strong and powerful, and easily runs 70 mph on cruise control. There was about 10 miles of road construction, with dirt and bad washboards and pot holes. If it says 35 MPH, then plan on going 20!! The MH does not the sudden shocks of 6" deep craters.

The only minor problems we have discovered were a cracked/broken plastic latch for one of the kitchen drawers and the water tank fill. The water just poured out the connection when trying to fill, no matter how slow we tried to fill it. Upon lifting the bed and moving the plywood, we found the fill hose is mounted much higher in the middle than the fill connection. Re-routing it so that it was level between the tank and fill connection solved it completely.

We did take tools and parts along with us, so mounted some more cup holders, hanging hooks, medicine chest dividers, and a sturdy grab handle for getting out of the overhead bunk.

Couldn't get the satellite TV antenna to work, even tho they said it was wired to use the side connection. Salesmen all lie!! It is wired from the top connector by the roof vent to the inside connector. Took a little while to find that.

All in all, we are very happy with the new travel palace.
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #2

Nice to hear your troubles were minor and you were able to correct them and you are now a happy camper
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:39 AM   #3

Get several drawer latches...you’ll need them.

https://www.amazon.com/Grabber-Repla...gateway&sr=8-2
Old 06-01-2019, 11:48 AM   #4
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Nice to hear your troubles were minor and you were able to correct them and you are now a happy camper
DITTO!
We'll be making a trip to Illinois for a reunion in a little over 2 weeks. I figure 8-9 mpg, so you've kinda confirmed that, although I don't intend to do your speed.
I'll have the toad, so 60-65 mph will be good enough for me.
Larry

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 12:31 PM   #5

Thanks everyone. I only ran that fast because it was I-80 both ways. Down around 55-60 I believe the mileage will be closer to 10mpg. Good to see the latches are affordable in bulk pack, my RV dealer clipped me $9.95 for a single!!

Once we had the RV fully packed and loaded with food and half a tank of water, we went and weighed it at the local landfill on their certified scale. It was 14,120# and leaves plenty of room for a toad.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:50 PM   #6
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
Thanks everyone. I only ran that fast because it was I-80 both ways. Down around 55-60 I believe the mileage will be closer to 10mpg. Good to see the latches are affordable in bulk pack, my RV dealer clipped me $9.95 for a single!!

Once we had the RV fully packed and loaded with food and half a tank of water, we went and weighed it at the local landfill on their certified scale. It was 14,120# and leaves plenty of room for a toad.
Mine will also be interstate, although it will be mountainous for the first couple of hours. Once I hit the flatlands of Ohio, Indiana and Illinois, things should get better. Really looking forward to actually taking a trip in our Sunseeker. Most have only been to Raystown Lake, PA and back. [emoji106]

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:48 PM   #7

Quote:

I got the 10-pack and have already used three. And, if you are flat towing the toad you’ll only add under 100 pounds to the RV weight (mine was 60).
Old 06-05-2019, 07:09 AM   #8

Quote:

Lucky. I got robbed to the tune of 16.00 for one by mine
ksdindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:23 AM   #9
Senior Gold Member

Shake Down Cruise for 3010DS

We took our 2019 - 3010FDS on its test run down to Thief River Falls MN pulling our new Toyota Corolla iM. The rig looks great with its full paint and the toad may as well not been there as it pulled like a dream. I weighed the rig with both of us in it, half a tank of water and full fuel and propane plus clothes, some groceries and lower bins and cupboards full of what ever we are going to take on the road with us and we were still well under our GVWR by at least 800 lbs. Ran for about 370 miles on ¾ tank of fuel at 60 mph. I will fill the tank tomorrow so I can give you a better idea of mileage. We found it hard to maintain 60 mph because the wind gusts from the side nearly blew us off the road. We are getting a getting steering stabilizer added but had not received it yet. Tomorrow we get the solid mud flap installed across the rear of the unit and expect that and the LeBra on the Corolla will cut down most of the road debris from dinging the toad. More to follow...
Old 06-08-2019, 07:28 PM   #10

Nice. Sounds like a perfect set up.

Tags
saunseeker, sunseeker