Old 05-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #21

I have a couple of these in my closet at home. They are easy to move around, even when loaded, sturdy, and come in different sizes.

Household Essentials Storage and Organization 3 Tier Revolving Shoe Tree | Wayfair

I'm just not sure where you would put it in your coach. Most of the time, you could leave it outside and not have any issues.

I have a much smaller trailer and am looking for shoe options as well, and there's only two of us

Old 05-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #22

I like Wiscampsin's shoe rack. I was trying to remember what we used to do and I think it fell under the "where the fell" rule. We typically took 1 tennis shoe and 1 flip flops per person. I'd go thru a few times a day to straighten up and line them up somewhere but I can see with a camperful how it would become a bit of a challenge.

I also used the hanging organizers for a lot of things, they would hold shoes nicely but not sure you want clean clothes hanging up with used tennies.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #23

Thanks everyone for the creative suggestions! I think I'll find some weather proof box for outside holding dirty shoes. and keep the ones not using under the sofa. Problem is with 4 kids between 8 and 11 years old nothing usually goes as planned.
boots will stay in the "basement".
Love, love, love the 3170 Sunseeker for the sleeping space....just lacking in some other space.

On another note, can anyone tell me why the underside is called garage instead of basement or cellar?!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post
I like Wiscampsin's shoe rack. I was trying to remember what we used to do and I think it fell under the "where the fell" rule. We typically took 1 tennis shoe and 1 flip flops per person. I'd go thru a few times a day to straighten up and line them up somewhere but I can see with a camperful how it would become a bit of a challenge.

I also used the hanging organizers for a lot of things, they would hold shoes nicely but not sure you want clean clothes hanging up with used tennies.
Thanks! I had to make it narrow enough so it wouldn't stick out too far. I used some exterior varnish and some rubber shelf liner stuff so we can still put wet shoes on it.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #25

We have three kids plus at least one more and two adults (although DS16's shoes are the biggest at size 13!). We have the 3170 and also struggle with shoe storage (plus coats) for five to seven people.
Put a metal shoe organizer (basically two baskets, one on top of the other) at the top of the stairs behind the bench. Everyone throws their shoes in there with no organization. I just gave up; at least there's no tripping. DS16's shoes are too long, so he puts them on the floor next to the basket.
I've considered sticking shoes inside the pantry that's on the way out the door (next to the fridge) but kids probably won't close the pantry doors.
Have also considered hanging a cloth or plastic shoe organizer on the outside of the bathroom door for the "extra" pair of shoes. Currently have an over-the-door basket for gloves, hats and other cold-weather gear with hooks for coats and raincoats. (We camp early and late in the year in Michigan).
Also considered using Command hooks to hang a cloth shoe organizer with pockets on the back of the aforementioned dining room bench. Certainly accessible on the way in and out. I hung one from the wall with the Command hooks when we had a TT and the kids surprised me and used the thing. It had enough pockets that we also stuck dog leashes in there. You may have to trim the last one or two rows of pockets because an organizer may be too long for that spot.
Let us know what you do end up doing.
Safe travels!
--DW
Old 08-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #26

I sewed a set of pockets to hang on the back of the dining area just as you walk in the door. It is mounted with straps to behind the seat cushion.worked great for the 6 of us going cross country.i also put dryer sheets in each pocket!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-85358810.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	37292  
Old 05-13-2015, 11:25 PM   #27

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431573813.186737.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	76898Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431573835.408950.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	76899
We also took the front off the couch and hung a curtain. We use this space for pop and bottled water storage.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #28

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431639053.364397.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	76955Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431639069.734318.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	76956

Hey all,

Wife used space under the bed on our 3170 DS for conventional shoe rack. Works pretty well.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:48 AM   #29
Retired on the weekends

My solution... Click

PROBLEM: Shoes fill up the entry step

CLICK HERE FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST RV GROUP
The RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #30

There are just two of us but still several pairs of shoes for different weather and occasions.We bought a large flat Rubbermaid type bin ( not as large as the under bed ones)It has a small vent in lid which allows for air.We keep it right under the motorhome near the steps.We tend to leave some shoes out during the day but put everyone except rubber shower shoes away at night in case of rain.This bin is stored underneath when travelling.It works great and easily holds 8-10 pairs of shoes/sandals.I keep one better pair of shoes( ie out for dinner -dress up loafer) in my closet in a zip lock bag.Keeping the shoes outside keeps things cleaner inside and no smell.I think I got the idea for this online a few years back(LOL) It has worked well for us!