Old 02-14-2016, 06:25 AM   #31
One of the best mods I would offer for a 2300 is as to add 120 power to the rear bay.. also screen (mouse proof) the converter at the same time. From the rear bay you can get to the dump bay through the light fixture on the power cable side, and from there you can get to the water pump bay, thus power every where you wish.. the only hole added is the one for the box.

Hoglou westGA
KM4HQQ 146.640mhz
L'IL Foot" 2014 Sunseeker 2300
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:42 PM   #32
We have a 2013 2300 and have lived in it full time now for about 4 months. After the initial adjustment from regular home living, I love my 'tiny house'. We discovered the storage under the u-shaped dinette, and my husband simply removed the screws and added fabric handles to pull up the plywood. There is storage space behind the drawer as HogLou mentioned and also along the back and under the other side. Holds 4 - 5 good sized totes or boxes and odds and ends. We use the over-cab bunk area as a storage area (using baskets and light totes) for lighter items like the back cushions from the dinette, our printers, CDs/DVDs and a few clothing totes - nothing too heavy. It also leaves some room for my husband to stretch out and have his own reading space if he wants it. When we are stationary, we rigged up a shower curtain rod which hangs across the front (driver's and passenger seats) where we hang extra clothes; and we use that front area as extra storage for bulky grocery items. My husband installed a small TV in the bedroom area which I really like - and I love the comfort of our corner bed. Yup, it's a bit of my morning workout to slide out of bed, and it's a good workout to make the bed, but it is a very comfortable bed - and a good sleep is important to me. I also like to spend time there as my own personal space to read, study and write. Without the back cushions on the "curvy dinette", we use 'bed rest' pillows and stretch our legs out on the seat cushions. I'm sitting comfortably now, with my laptop computer as I type this. We remove the large table and replace with one or two smaller folding tables that we got at Wal-Mart, when we want more space.

We get at least 10 mpg and have the Ford 350. Our toad is a Jeep Wrangler Sahara and we have had no problem towing it with a Blue-Ox system.

For the last few weeks, we have been visiting with family who happen to have FHU area for when we visit. We have had full access to the large, quite beautiful family home since we've been here, and although I've taken advantage of having a few soaking baths, I find that I return to my "tiny house" on wheels when I want true comfort and to prepare meals. We sleep here too. We are totally comfortable - it's now 'home'. LOL

We're heading off to NM for a work camping job at a BLM campground soon and are looking forward to new adventures.

Jane Keffer
With our "Classy Chassis'
Sunseeker 2300

janekeffer is offline   Reply With Quote