Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #1

Should I be worried

We purshased our 317DS in nov. we had our first trip about two weekends ago. Everything went fine and loved the coach. A few issues came up, most of them usual little things you discover the firs or second trip. The major issue was the refrigerator is not working. It came like this from factory. Apparently had been leaking fluid the cooling unit is broken and now need a new fridge. They have to pull the busted one and put a new one in. This being a new coach already having to go through these kind of repairs, my worries are the following: 1. How difficult is these to do? Is this going to cause other damage to the coach (i.e. taking one out new in? ) 2. Is it going to be noticeable? When you get a new unit like this the last thing you want to worry about your coach feeling "old" already.
Cjhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #2

Does it fit through the door or any window? Usually the biggest problem with a fridge is entrance and egress.
Timtation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #3

Is warranty work so hopefully it will. Is at my dealer now but I will sure call tomorrow and ask. Exelent point.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #4

Made me look. At least on the 3120 the frig at it's widest point is 24.5" and the door is 24.5" so it should squeeze through. It's frustrating to have such a major repair on a new unit.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Plain Old Member

I wouldn't sweat it. Not much to taking one out. Unplug / unwire, unscrew, remove gas line and out it slides. Not sure if it fits through the door on the class c. I've seen them go out a window on forklift forks. That's how they do some of the tiffins. Sounds crazy, but very normal on those with larger or residential fridges. You'll never know it was changed, provided they are careful and don't scratch anything.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

I was looking at the windows and they seem pretty easy to put in and take out.
There is an inner and outer part and the wall is clamped between the two.
Getting it sealed again is the only real challenge.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
Plain Old Member

Not too bad. Seen furniture go in / out the same way. Guess you gotta get creative with a MH. Wonder if anybody will ever make a door a wee bit bigger? I know they do on ones that accommodate wheelchairs.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #8

Take a bunch of pictures of the doors, windows, (entrance and egress) seals, caulking, flooring, other nearby fixtures or appliances, the trim work, ceiling, etc. b4 the job gets done.
Be prepared to prove that any scuffs, gouges, cuts, improper fitment, etc is from the service work.
Make them make it right.
I was very disappointed after a couple warranty/service jobs.
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #9

I called today and spoke to the service manager, who has been the most helpful, and asked how they were going to do this. Apparently what they need to change is the back panel and the lines so they are going to pull the unit out and lay it on the floor inside. I did asked what do they do if they have to pull it out and he said: get very creative! He did say taking out windows, through the windshield sometimes.....they do get creative. The idea of taking photos is great! But unfortunately The unit is at the dealer which is about an hour and some away. Next time will do. Will keep everybody posted but true that having to go through major repairs like this in a new unit is very unnerving.