Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2015, 09:03 PM   #1

Shower roller slide 3170ds

The glides on the shower door keeps coming out of the chanel, and breaking. Any idea would be much appreciated. Also does anyone know who sells the round roller glides. The shower door actually came out of the track while driving. If I cannot come up with a solution thinking of removing and replacing with rod and shower curtain. Thanks in advance.
scoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
2012 Solera

Shower Door Roller Issue

We had similar issues with our 2012 Solera. I don't know if you have the same or a similar shower door, so don't know if my solutions will help your situation.

I determined that the shower door was not staying latched during travel, was sliding back and forth in the roller tracks until the lower roller "found" the "removal slot" in the lower track, popped the plastic retainer out, and jumped out of the track. (This occurred during our test drive, dealer said "fixed" when we picked it up - NOT!)

First - I adjusted the rollers such that the door effectively "hung" from the upper rollers - lower rollers basically running on the top of the guide. With this adjustment, the door at least did not jump out of the top guide - stayed "hung". See attached picture of one of the top rollers.

Next I added a piece of 1/4 inch "drip irrigation" hose to the door where the latch engages. Attached with "GOOP" (taped in place until dry). This resulted in our latch working perfectly and has not released during travel since (40K plus miles, including the ALCAN hwy).

Finally, I made a piece to replace the plastic retainer in the bottom track. I used aluminum cut from a duct I had in the basement. I made it longer than the plastic one, bent a sharp angle in it to hook onto the edge of the bottom track, shaped to the outside of the track, "GOOPed" the edges and screwed it in place with the screw from the original plastic retainer (which I suspect had been damaged by the "bounce outs" caused by the latch not working). Have not had a roller escape either track since doing this.

I believe the rollers are 1 inch rollers - I would check Amazon, Loews, Ace, Home Depot for something equivalent if I broke one (which I haven't yet).

Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	081012-1014.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	75260   Click image for larger version

Name:	081012-1017.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	75261  
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 01:08 AM   #3

Thanks Jleising will give your solution a try and let you know how it worked out for me.

Thanks for the details and pictures.
scoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 04:30 AM   #4

Thumbs down glass shower door handles keep coming off

I have a 36 CKTS w/sliding shower doors , my handles keep coming off, they have been replaced twice by the dealer, is there a permant fix for this? the door edges don't line up,1/2 and 3/4" on top,
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3170, show, shower, slide