Old 09-24-2015, 04:14 PM   #1

Side jack for double slide Sunseeker?

Has anyone ever mounted a side scissor jack on the slide side of a Sunseeker? I have a 2860DS, it has both slides on the driver side of the coach. I have noticed that I can have the coach perfectly level and then extend the slides and now the driver side is down hill a bit. That's a lot of weight extended off center and it seems to me that a jack attached to the frame might be a good idea. When we are staying one night I don't care if it's perfectly level but I think it's important to have a level coach when staying longer.
My rig has rear air bags which I have at max pressure but it still is an issue. I have heard that the front scissor jack is on the DS for this reason, but it doesn't do anything to stop frame roll. It's mounted on the centerline. My coach only has 13K miles so it would seem to me that my springs are still good.
Just curious if anyone else has noticed this issue, or maybe I'm just too picky?

Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:45 PM   #2
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

I always use 2x8 boards under the tires to off set the weight of the slides if both slides are on the same side. I could check level and it would be right on till the slides where put out. So I added the board. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:41 PM   #3

How more inflation on the slide side maybe 75 on passenger side 82 on slide side that should help or two 1" boards on the slide side or just lift that side higher with jacks if you have them I'm sure that would be a easy fix without jacks
Old 09-24-2015, 08:48 PM   #4

I haven't really noticed the slides doing that, but will have to check next time. I do have the Bigfoot levelers though which I think helps alot.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boso View Post
How more inflation on the slide side maybe 75 on passenger side 82 on slide side that should help or two 1" boards on the slide side or just lift that side higher with jacks if you have them I'm sure that would be a easy fix without jacks
I have tried the air pressure adjustment from the low side to the high side, and yes I know how to drive up on a board, I'm looking for an answer to my question regarding a scissor jack as a possible solution. Thanks anyway. I think it's possible a few turns on a jack just might be the best solution. I have boards and blocks.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:41 PM   #6

I also have the 2860DS, and it came with jacks. They are meant for stabilizing, not jacking, but I do give an extra twist to the drivers side jack.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilbur View Post
I also have the 2860DS, and it came with jacks. They are meant for stabilizing, not jacking, but I do give an extra twist to the drivers side jack.
I too have the rear left and right jacks and the front one. I'm talking about the possibility of mounting a side jack/stabilizer, I guess I'm not communicating very well?? I'm thinking that if there was a side mounted (on the frame somewhere on the drivers side) it might keep the coach from rolling to the drivers side when the slides are extended. By giving the drivers side rear jack a little extra, you are just putting a twist in the frame. I think a jack mounted somewhere under the slides would keep the frame from twisting and keep it level.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:33 PM   #8

Go for it, I set my slide side slightly high and use two spare scissor jacks under the trailer at the axles keeps the bounce down and keeps the trailer nice and level.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:04 AM   #9
New to FR. Old to TT

As for jacking the end of the slide to take
weight off the rig be careful not to angle the roof toward the coach. Rain,due will be more likely to get in the coach.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall frog View Post
As for jacking the end of the slide to take
weight off the rig be careful not to angle the roof toward the coach. Rain,due will be more likely to get in the coach.
I never said anything about jacking the slide? I always have said FRAME mount. It would be crazy to push up on a slide.

Tags
slide, sunseeker