Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #1

Sirius Added

We just bought a Sunseeker 2430 GTS and the radio is supposedly "Sirius ready" but requires a vehicle connection tuner. Has anyone else added this to their pioneer radio and was it easy to do?

Thanks,

Debby
dkwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Sorry. Thought about it but decided to do the bluetooth Pandora instead. I think the hard part is going to be the antenna.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:02 PM   #3

I added a SiriusXM receiver to mine. Duckogram is right about the antenna being the hard part. I put mine on the dash by the VIN and it worked great when I was going South, but not great going in other directions. Following some advice I found in old threads here, I moved it under the mattress of the bunk above the cab. That works better, but reception still isn't ideal. I'm debating drilling a hole in the roof and getting the antenna up there. Haven't decided if I want to do that.

Connecting the receiver to the stereo is simple. Remove the stereo, plug in the receiver, connect the antenna, cram everything back in the dash, and you're done.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:41 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

No bunk above the cab is what makes the antenna install even harder on a GTS.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:50 PM   #5

I bought a Sirius portable radio that plugs into the dash radio via the auxiliary input. I have the antenna running up into the storage areas above my driver seat. The antenna is taped to the ceiling of the storage area. It’s works pretty good- but not perfect. It’s certainly a lot better than trying to get radio stations.
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbro View Post
I added a SiriusXM receiver to mine. Duckogram is right about the antenna being the hard part. I put mine on the dash by the VIN and it worked great when I was going South, but not great going in other directions. Following some advice I found in old threads here, I moved it under the mattress of the bunk above the cab. That works better, but reception still isn't ideal. I'm debating drilling a hole in the roof and getting the antenna up there. Haven't decided if I want to do that.

Connecting the receiver to the stereo is simple. Remove the stereo, plug in the receiver, connect the antenna, cram everything back in the dash, and you're done.
Same here. I put the antenna in the bunk area, stuck it to a 4x4” peich of steel I had reception is great heading either direction. I would roof mount the antenna but getting the cable from the roof to the dash would be a very long run.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #7

I too installed a Sat radio addition. I ran the antenna through the firewall and insalled a custom z bracket under one of the fender bolts. I will try attach a picture to show it looks good and works great.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #8
Retired Navy

My dash radio has the option to add a Sirius radio, but since I already had a stand alone Sirius, I just installed the auto cradle for it. I move the Sirius radio from vehicle to vehicle as necessary. I run the Sirius into an aux input of the dash radio. Currently I have the antenna on the left front fender, but may try putting where johnlantz has it.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:23 PM   #9

Thanks to all who replied and especially to kbro for the information on how to remove the radio. For anyone else considering adding sirius, the full dashboard cover must be removed to get at the radio, which is screwed in. Although it does sound complicated, it wasn't that hard. The dashboard cover is just connected with clips. We did add the connector and based on advice from our dealer, we ran the antenna through the door moulding and up through the slide. It was then glued to the roof. We are currently on our way to Alaska and it works great!

Debby
dkwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote