Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #1

Sirius radio

Help picked up our 3170 today. Was not shown how to get to the Sirius radio. Basically we do not see any station in the list. Nothing.
colestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:45 PM   #2

I believe you need a Sirius XM tuner and antenna installed. I had the dealer install mine on my Forester #3051S before taking delivery. The antenna was installed on the roof above the bunk area not on the dash.

Tim
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:27 AM   #3

To add Sirius XM, you need to buy the tuner described in the manual (Sirius-XM SXV100V1). Amazon has a better price than Sirius. It plugs in the back of the unit. Antenna (comes with it) needs to see the sky. I put mine on the front fender near the front of the hood. I bought touch up paint and painted it white to match RV. Can't even see it. FYI the radio actually is XM compatible (as opposed to Sirius) so it uses the XM channel line up and I added it to my existing family plan subscription.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #4

I signed up for the All Access plan that gives me Sirius and XM channels. The cost was not that much more annually. My Class "A" coach only had Sirius channels.

Tim
Old 06-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #5

Ok I really thought it was ready to use as the Ford documentation came with a 6 month subscription. It does not say a anything about buying anything else.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #6

The radio is compatible for satellite use, not ready. Some people don't pay for satellite radio and some want it. I assume the factory does not spend the extra money to install the tuner and antenna because of that reason. But, I spend at least 4 months in mine every summer. My satellite radio gets used during travel and when camping. This system feeds all the so-round sound speakers inside the RV with satellite radio. You would love it!

Tim
Old 06-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #7

Thank you all.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
Love My Sunseeker

Mine is "Sirius ready." I just don't pay for radio when I can get over the air free.....

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Ford puts that little flyer in their "shrink wrapped" owners manual. Its very misleading since they put that in 100% of their cars...when not 100% of their cars get it. If you read the fine print it says "VALID ON NEW VEHICLES FACTORY EQUIPPED WITH SATELLITE RADIO".

If you read the Magnadyne quick reference...it says you need to add the tuner to get Satellite radio.

To expand what was said earlier...Amazon is cheaper, but that's because it is the black box tuner only. Sirius was offering the black box with 6 months free for around $70??? You can get the box/antenna on Amazon for $50.

And another thing. The latest version is the SXV200, same basic design...but has the ability to play all their new offerings.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #10

In my opinion, if you like Sirius, and plan to listen to it a lot, I would get a plug and play, and several docks, so you can move it around with you, to different vehicles and such. I have two vehicles with in dash Sirius/XM radios, the one in the Dodge was shut off a couple of years ago, and the one in the Chevy will not be renewed when the free trial runs out in June. I have two separate Starmate 5 Sirius plug n play radios, and I have docks in the house, garage, camper, 2 vehicles, soon to be three, the camper, my vehicle at work, and I have two Sirius boomboxes that will play them also (one will set on my golf cart so I can have Sirius there also). One radio is mine and the other is my wife's, so we pay for two subscriptions (second is half price) and we can listen to either of the two radios where ever we are at, and it doesn't matter which vehicle we are in, they both plug into all the docks. Just a thought.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
djmac1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #11

I was a bit confused by this Sirius Ready stuff especially since the antenna on the motor home looked like the Sirius antenna on my Dodge Ram. I already had a Sirius boom box in my home so I just mounted my Car adapter on my TV bracket and routed my audio cable to the aux jack on the in dash radio.
tlf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #12

The small square black antenna on the dash is GPS navigation. My 2013 Forester #3051S did not come with a SiriusXM tuner or antenna. The Sirius antenna looks just like the GPS antenna except says Sirius on it to my knowledge.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)