Old 08-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #1

SiriusXM trial

Does the Sunseeker come with any extended SiriusXM trial period?

I have a Jensen audio unit installed in a Ford chassis if that makes a difference. Ford mentions a trial but I don't think that applies to the MH chassis.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #2

Hello
There was a card in with my owners manuals that was for the trial of 6 months. It came with my 3010DS,, I have not tried to activate it as of yet, may this week if time permits.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #3

I got the impression that card is a generic Ford thing. Ford offers extended 6 month trials on some of their vehicles. I don't think that applies when Forest River buys the chassis and sells it as a MH.

I could be wrong (and I hope I am). Let me know how you make out.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #4

call SiriusXm and tell them you want a trial. They will give you a freebie. After a few weeks / months in call them again, if you tell them you are leaving they will extend the free service. We got it .
Old 08-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #5

I called the # on the card that came with my 3010ds. It says 6 month trial, but sirius old me my dealership only purchased a 3 month trial. I wont renew when it expires. Just as easy to plug my phone into the jensen head unit and listen to I heart radio for free
Old 08-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
GM

That card Ford puts in drives me crazy. They put in fine print that no one reads and we get all the calls. The Ford 6 month thing is ONLY for Ford factory radios. As part of the RV package the radios get deleted and we install our own. People would automatically assume that all they need to do was call up and they were good...that was not the case. So we started putting the tuner and antenna in as well.

As part of that we get a 3 month deal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sirius Flyer.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	420.5 KB
ID:	59753  
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #7

I thought I read on another post that the XM needed to have a satellite antenna installed as an option. I've got 2013 3050s with the magnadyne unit. What does the satellite antenna look like? How would I know if it's installed?
Old 08-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #8

I have had SiriusXM for years. I always run my subscription to the end before calling customer service. I tell them I received a coupon (never did) for $25 for 6 months and they have honored it without question every time!

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #9

Amazon.com: Sirius DOT Ultra Low Profile Car Antenna (Black): GPS & Navigation

you plug it into the radio since it is already SiriusXm ready.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:14 AM   #10
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlantz View Post
I thought I read on another post that the XM needed to have a satellite antenna installed as an option. I've got 2013 3050s with the magnadyne unit. What does the satellite antenna look like? How would I know if it's installed?
Yes, you do need the tuner and antenna on the Magnadyne. Most customers are confused by the terminology....we recently sent the attached pdf to all our dealers so they can explain things properly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2014-5-12 Radios.pdf (780.4 KB, 75 views)

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote