Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #1

Slide

I have a 2015 Sunseeker 2800 QS that is starting to have too many problems. My new problem (started today) is that when the dining table slide starts going out, about half way out one side starts turning in. When it goes all the way out, it resynchronizes ok. When I start bring the slide back in, it starts turning more on one side. When the slide stops, one side of the slide is not seated to the body. It needs about two inches to fully close. The other side is seated ok. Was suppose to leave for a trip Tuesday morning. Any thought what has happen.
texasblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

A number of issues to look at. Are you getting any error codes on the controller?
Have you lubed the gear blocks with Power Lube?
Are the number of gear slots the same on both sides in and out?
Have you checked for debris in or near the bottom drive gear (on the slow side)?
Have you checked the wiring harnesses from the motors to the controller for chaffing that could cause a temp power loss?
Schwintech slides are susceptible to out of square frames too.
I would try clean and lube first...
Old 09-09-2018, 08:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasblues View Post
I have a 2015 Sunseeker 2800 QS that is starting to have too many problems. My new problem (started today) is that when the dining table slide starts going out, about half way out one side starts turning in. When it goes all the way out, it resynchronizes ok. When I start bring the slide back in, it starts turning more on one side. When the slide stops, one side of the slide is not seated to the body. It needs about two inches to fully close. The other side is seated ok. Was suppose to leave for a trip Tuesday morning. Any thought what has happen.

Try synchronizing the motors
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:19 AM   #4

Thanks for the help. I have checked some of your comments. I guess it time for the shop.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:37 AM   #5

if you've held the switch for several seconds after the slide stops, to resync, then also try this: when you see one end pausing or starting 'to turn'(in your words), stop, run the slide back the other way for a second or so, then try again. Do this several times if needed to get them to come in/out together. Hold the switch several seconds when the slide finishes and both end are together. Holding the switch is probably the most important part of the process as it get the motors in sync for the next time you run the slides.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #6

That worked. It looks like they are in sync. Thanks very much.

Tags
slide