Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2019, 07:28 PM   #1

slide out manual operation

Is there a possibility to operate the slide out manually on a 2009 Sunseeker 2450 CD?
mzweili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #2

If it's the Schwintek In-Wall slide that has the gear racks on the sidewalls, no.

To move it manually, you'll need to pull the set screw & lift the motors on each side to disengage them from the gears. As the gear racks on both sides are not tied together, you'll need two people to move the side in near unison. If you have a small slide, you might be able to do it with one person.

It would have been nice if they provided a manual method for this type... Consult your manuals or the Hitchhikers Guide (the interwebs) to determine the slide type and any possible manual options.

I have no experience with other slide mechanisms.
Let us know which type you have.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:21 PM   #3

Thanks brucemc for your reply.

My slideout has the gear and gide rails on the bottom, so it might be a different type
mzweili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:07 PM   #4
2012 Solera

Check the slide manufacturer’s website for instructions.

Our 2012 Solera has a Lippert slide with gear racks and motor mounted below. On ours, there is a “bolt head” on the back of the motor. To operate manually, Lippert indicates use a wrench on that bolt head and turn it (a ratchet would probably work).

The motor and gear mechanism is connected to the gear racks by shafts which can be disconnected by removing a bolt at each end allowing the driven shaft to spin free of the driving shaft or tube (actually a square tube). I would personally pull these bolts and push the slide in or out, and not try to turn the motor with a wrench.

The motor and gear box on mine is above the propane regulators and “accessible” through the propane door. Difficult to get to.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, saunseeker, slide, slide out, sunseeker