Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #1

Slide out safety bars

Recently purchased a 2014 Sunseeker 2860. Today I found out that the three shower curtain looking bars are actually slide out safety bars. Can anyone tell me where on the 2860 these bars get positioned for travel? I have tried a couple of locations but it appears that the surrounding surface is not flat and they could possibly damage the slide seals. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Note: there were only three bars and the dealer said the small slide in the bedroom only requires one bar. Not sure if this is an accurate statement.

Many thanks for any assistance provided.
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #2

Of the trailers we looked at that had them, there was usually a sticker that indicated where to put the bar. I usually saw it on the main wall of the camper above the slide when it was retracted in.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
Love My Sunseeker

I previously had the 2860. On the bedroom slide I stuck it on the top part.

On the living room slide, I stuck one on each side of the slide, on the side thingies. Have to go up and down to figure out where the "tight" part is to hold in the rods.

Oh yeah. ALways remember to remove those rods before you put the slide out. I have forgotten a couple times, so far no damage, but could really warp the slide or cause a problem to the rods.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #4

Have a look at post #14...

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...k-25014-2.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs_diesel View Post
Of the trailers we looked at that had them, there was usually a sticker that indicated where to put the bar. I usually saw it on the main wall of the camper above the slide when it was retracted in.
I believe I found a couple of spots where the slide locks can be positioned on the top of the slides. I mmay also try to find some that are adjustable so the positioning isn't limited to "where they fit". On this coach one of the places "where they fit" could result in me (the driver) being hit in the head with one if it came loose during moderate to hard braking. I have no intentions of wearing a hard hat or helmet while driving this coach.

On this MH there are no stickers anywhere saying the locks must be in place when travelling (either on the locks, the slide or the wall).

When I looked in the FR "Motorized Owners Manual" the only mention of a slide lock is the first bullet under "Before Beginning Slide Room Operation" on page 28. The bullet reads "Remove any devices that may be used to lock the slide room in place during travel". On page 29 there is a statement "Important! Always perform an exterior, visual Inspection, before leaving the campground" There is no mention what-so-ever about ensuring the slide locks are in position before travelling.

As to taking them out before extending the slides, I believe I will get some red cloth about three feet in length and stencil it with "Remove before operation" and attach a strip to each slide lock. Better yet, I may try to find the ones the Army clips to critical points of their helicopters when they are on the ground.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
Sunseeker 2500TS owner

I have a new 2500TS, it had two bars in cabinet above table I assume are safety bars. Dealer had no info on them for me. I looked all around slide out, no marks to show where to put them. Molding around slide out is not strong enough to support the bars, plus seal around outside would not support them either. I have no idea where to put them. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
Emory in MD
ejkkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Those are slide locks. basically used if the slide fails and you need to manually operate it, or it isn't staying in. They get driven from the factory sitting in a cabinet. And they're aren't spontaneously sliding out on their own. Search for "little white bars" or "slide locks" and you'll see numerous posts.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote