Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #1

Slide stuck on Forest River Sunseeker 2017 2400 WS MBS

I’m getting ready to leave for a 3 month trip and ran into two significant issues.

The first is that my slide doesn’t extend equally and the rear is out about a foot and the front hasn’t moved at all and nothing moves at all when I toggle the switch.

The second issue is after draining all the tanks a month ago I partially filled my fresh water tank and was going to flush the lines but when I activated the water pump I heard water coming out from underneath the carriage and it appears that it is exiting from somewhere above the fresh water tank. Attaching the hose to city water and trying to run without the pump on resulted in the same issue. Attaching the hose to the black tank flush out resulted in the same. I was away for a week during which there was a few days below freezing and possibly the leak was from a spot of residual water accumulation. I can’t get to the area where I suspect the leak is occurring.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.
Richie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #2
Handyman

This is a video for re-timing a Schwintec slide. I don't know what you have.
tfmdgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmdgm View Post
This is a video for re-timing a Schwintec slide. I don't know what you have.

Thanks I got it to work after watching that video. I appreciate your response.
Richie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:58 AM   #4
Handyman

I learned the hard way. My dealer didn't share a lot about the slide. Make sure that you hold the button down for a few seconds after it's fully out or in to allow it to sync and you shouldn't' have any problems.
tfmdgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:14 AM   #5

Wow that was a great video. Thanks for sharing. I haven't had this problem..yet.. But now I'll be prepared and won't panic when and if it happens. Love this forum. Thanks again
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:16 AM   #6

Thanks
Good info
On our PDI years ago the Tech told us to hold the swich (like was mentioned in the video) and commented that it’s counterintuitive because people hear the clicking and think they are damaging the motor
He didn’t say it was for the system to keep it’s zero point,but just do it and you should never have a problem
I have never had a problem because I was taught it is normal opps to hold the switch on the in and out for 3-5 sec
My point?
Dealers continue to fail the consumer by not pointing these kinds of things out and a newbie assumes they should stop the extension or retraction at the first click sound and sync problems occur.
This post reminds me why I read posts on this site every week even though I have owned 2 popups and 2 class C’s for a total of 12 years camping in these units
[emoji106]
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, sunseeker