Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #1

Slide wire for 3170ds

I just purchased a 2010 sunseeker 3170ds. The dealer replace the slide motor for the bunk area. The wire that goes to the rear motor keeps coming out from under the slide does anyone know how the wire is suppose to run.
Campingdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 02:11 PM   #2

I replaced my wire last year. Going under the slide is stupid and that's what caused the wire to fail the first time. Don't do that.

I routed mine directly down the wall from the rear motor drilling into the exterior cabinet below, then along the top of the back exterior cabinet and through the light box into the next cabinet where the motor controller is mounted. This seems a much better routing and nothing should ever move near the cable. Mine is a 2014, so I don't know if your controller box is in the same place... but this made sense to me and has worked for ~18 months.
cardtarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #3

If it's just "coming out", maybe you have too much extra wire up above and just need to pull a little down into the controller support box. You should be able to see it (second cabinet, passenger side). An extra wire just sits up in there... so find where it comes through and pull another foot or two through and maybe that will solve your problem?

I wouldn't re-route the cable yet... but if you ever have to replace....
cardtarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:13 PM   #4

Thanks for the advice. So it was slack but I also ran into the problem that the rear motor wire was rean over the coil snake for the other wires, so everytime the slide moved in it would pull this wire out.

So I unplugged from the control box and tie string to wire. Pulled wire through the floor and out. I then untied snaked it behind the coil snake, retied to strung and pulled back down to the box.

Only thing I see a problem with is every now and then the rear slide gets stuck and I have to bring it in and back out. Any suggestions on what to look for.
Campingdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3170, slide, sunseeker