Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #1

Slider and back up camera problems

I have a 2011 sun seeker 3120 and have two problems I cannot figure out.
1. This year when I began getting ready for the camping season I noticed the screen for the back up camera had a reversed image. I have tried to adjust image with remote control and have no luck. At first I could get the color and contrast to show up,now I cannot get anything. Tried new battery also. Instructions for camera and monitor stink. I am open to any ideas.
2. On the slide out for the dinette the bottom wiper gasket does not sit flat on bottom of slider leaving an area of about two inches were there is about a two inch gap. I brought this to the attention of the dealer in 2012 and they made an slice in the gasket to have it sit flat. That worked for about a year and last fall had the problem reappear. Any suggestions on how to fix? Would like to seal out the elements and bugs as much as possible. Thanks
jim82659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
Plain Old Member

Can't help on #1, but on #2, our seal wasn't great either from day one. I cut pool noodles to fit under the bottom, notching out around the slide tracks. They were a very snug fit. It just became normal routine for us to put these in there, as it was the only way to really keep out the bugs in the summer, and cold draft in the winter.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #3

Thanks was thinking of doing something like that

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Forest River Forums mobile app
jim82659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
Commercial Member

This was posted in one of the mirror specs I had. This was an older model...TFT LCD was listed. We're now using RVS...but maybe this will help.

What to do if the image is flipped or mirrored incorrectly

If the image on your mirror is inverted or backwards you will need to open the factory settings menu. This is done in the following steps:

*Turn the mirror ON
*Set to AV1
*Turn OFF the mirror with the remote then quickly press DOWN, UP, DOWN, CENTER, CENTER. Make sure you are pointing the remote directly at the mirror. After this sequence the mirror should turn on with a new menu.
*Press the MENU button to go to page 2 of the factory menu
*Select LEFT/RIGHT and UP/DOWN (some mirrors say MIRROR instead of UP/DOWN) and turn both functions ON.
*Power the mirror OFF and then back ON
*Press MENU and you will now have two new options for flipping and reversing the image in your standard adjustments menu.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #5

Can you do this reset of the inverse image without the remote on the 2014 2860DS?

Thanks
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
Commercial Member

2014 would be RVS not TFT. Mirror image is controlled by switches on the video switcher box. That box is located above steering column behind knee panel.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:24 PM   #7

Thanks BC, Didn't get the little remote with mine
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up camera, slide