Originally Posted by KyDan
There are many ways to deal with these "parasitic" drain issues.
I am leery of a dedicated switch to power anything like LP or CO detector.
What if you forget to turn it on?
I'm in favor of battery disconnect switch that is at the battery or in the
main battery lead.
It shuts off everything.
Hard to forget it's off and when it's on so are your alarms.
You make a good point Dan, I use a pre check list so I do not forget to turn on my switches that isolate different things that I found were parastis. Even through I leave my unit plugged in at home I just don't like things that are wired directly to my batteries. This also makes sure that I drop to 13.2 and not boil out my batteries, from the charger reading a load and staying in absorption at 13.6. There is not one unit wired the same from the factory. It took a half day for me to remark everything correctly checking what is tied into my breakers and 12 volt side. Since then I bought the progressive Convertor, which wouldn't read the parasites but with my WFCO it would never drop to 13.2 it was always reading a load staying at 13.6.