Old 05-20-2016, 11:44 AM   #1

so aggravated

my brand new Sunseeker RV makes me feel like I was ripped off.
1) had a flood in the coach from the first rain leaky roof flooded the coach and cabin
2) glass on side view mirrors almost fell off, (why did they take off the Ford power retractable mirrors for this cheap stuff)
3) power outlet pulled right out of the coach, only 2 out of 4 screws were holding it on
4) my bigfoot power levelers are not functioning, they won't retract completely, I was told probably a bad board by the factory people at Bigfoot.
5) had to have engine compartment cleaned, looked like a 30 yrs. old piece of garbage
6) so much money for this RV, the dash on my 8 yr old car is more appealing at least put in some floor mats.

FORREST RIVER I am very disappointed

Old 05-20-2016, 11:47 AM   #2

#'s 1-4 is certainly a reason to raise concern , but if it looked like a 30 year old piece of garbage, why did you buy it?

2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #3
Site Team

Sorry to hear you are so un-happy but maybe you should know-
This website- Forest River Forums is NOT affiliated with Forest River RV in any way. This website is owned and operated by fellow RV owners.

Feel free to browse our huge data base for tips and tricks related to RVing in general as well as specific info on various models and equipment.

Hope you can get your rig straightened out and start having fun!
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #4
Site Team

You should give this list of stuff to your dealership. This forum is not Forest River; we're just owners like yourself.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #5
Class C Representative

Get with your dealer and give them a chance. If it doesn't get fixed in a timely fashion please send me your info and I'll get with warranty.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #6

As already suggested here have you contacted your dealer? Also check the Forest River web site for contact info just be sure and try to reach out to YOUR brand not Forest River in general, maybe FROG Bob will be along with info to help you.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
Get with your dealer and give them a chance. If it doesn't get fixed in a timely fashion please send me your info and I'll get with warranty.
Sorry saw your post after mine, here is someone already offering info,
Old 05-20-2016, 12:04 PM   #8

Breath! ;-)
We have all had our growing pains and I had to get problems (like others also) worked out and actually my first trip was canceled,and others were troublesome with malfunctions.
It happens.
We worked out our issues and have had dozens of trouble free trips since.
Hang in there
This group has helped me on numerous occasions
We are here for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #9

First of all I am sorry for venting on this forum, I thought it was Forest River that would see my concerns. Next I did take it to the dealer and they had it a few days said they fixed the leaky roof but if it leaks again bring it back. Thank everyone for your suggestions, as for me buying an RV that looked 30yrs old, I was referring to the engine compartment. My Ford dealer was nice enough to clean for me and not even charge me (thank you Ford). This deems like a nice friendly forum and I will be back l and hope to run into some of you folks on the road. Thanks
Old 05-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper308vls View Post
First of all I am sorry for venting on this forum, I thought it was Forest River that would see my concerns. Next I did take it to the dealer and they had it a few days said they fixed the leaky roof but if it leaks again bring it back. Thank everyone for your suggestions, as for me buying an RV that looked 30yrs old, I was referring to the engine compartment. My Ford dealer was nice enough to clean for me and not even charge me (thank you Ford). This deems like a nice friendly forum and I will be back l and hope to run into some of you folks on the road. Thanks
Nearly all of us had problems with a new rig. Part of it it seems.
I fixed all of the stuff myself because I have the ability to.
I even found a large break in the caulking in the overhead cap that would have leaked had I not caught it before it rained.

Hope you are satisfied with the repairs and can enjoy many trips as we have in this last year with the new rig.
Actually loading up later today for the long weekend.

My suggestion is to get up on the roof occasionally to inspect everything- look for breaks or cracks or lifting in the caulking on all seams. A small break can cause a big leak of it rains hard enough. Remember these thing move around a lot and what left the factory may not stay that way for long.

Enjoy.