Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2018, 09:25 AM   #1

Some Dumb Questions!

We just picked up a 2013 3010DS that had only 5,127 miles on it and looks like new. Yesterday I drove it over to get the propane tank filled and tried to use the GPS and Blue Tooth and neither worked. The GPS would accept my input but the starting point is in the middle of Houston, TX and I'm in Altus, OK!! Tried making a call with the Blue Tooth and that didn't work either. Any suggestions on what to do is greatly appreciated? Also, here's the dumb question: Where are the manual leveling jacks located or do some 3010's not have any leveling jacks at all? Thanks for any advice any of you can offer.

Mike and Wanida Monti
New to RV'ing
2013 Sunseeker 3010DS
Traded in our 2017 FR Salem 25' pull behind (I couldn't deal with the towing!)
Dagodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:12 AM   #2
2012 Solera

Suspect your 2013 has a Magnadyne dash unit. If you search for Magnadyne on the forum, you will find a lot of information. Also, believe you can get the Magnadyne owners manual from the internet (google).
Of note, several of us had to update the GPS by replacing the software (got a new chip from Magnadyne, replaced the one in a “dongle” on the back of my unit) to get it to work properly. My problem was different from yours, however.
I never tried to use the Bluetooth on the Magnadyne.
There is, as I remember, a “paper clip “ reset hole on the front of the unit - might be worth a try.
Eventually I replaced the Magnadyne with a Kenwood and a separate stand-alone GPS.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #3

my 2013 doesnt have leveling jacks at all i believe it may have been an expensive option. I dont believe they put manual leveling jacks under it either.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:55 PM   #4

Did the Bluetooth pair with your phone?

I paired mine using the instructions that came with the radio, it streamed music OK, haven't tried making a call yet.

No GPS on mine, sorry.

Steve
Old 06-21-2018, 07:49 PM   #5
2012 Solera

If you do have the Magnadyne, I believe this is the link to the owner’s manual:
http://app.magnadyne.com/dashboard/a...ard_Manual.pdf

Note: this is for a newer model than mine. Magnadyne moved the Navigation SD card slot to the front on this model; on mine the Nav SD card went in a “dongle” on the back of the unit. Had to pull the unit out of the dash to access.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:20 AM   #6

Some Dumb Questions!

I hate to go off topic but look closely at your tires
If these are the original Michelin Tires I’m going to guess they are date stamped 2012 (that’s probably your chassis year)
At 6years old I would get new tires
Check for sidewall cracks and then it’s an obvious choice but even if they looked good, it’s just s matter of time
I lived through 2 blow outs on my previous coach because I didn’t understand tire age as opposed to wear and visual condition.
Trust me
The money you spend on new tires will pay off in spades if you prevent ONE blow out
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #7

Agree with Dutch, check your tires and understand howmuch stuff you can carry. As for the Magadyne unit, forget the GPS and Bluetooth. Just buy a Garmin 760/770 RV unit. It has Bluetooth built in and works well. If you really want it to work, turn on the unit and in the lower left corner is a reset button. Use something small. Press and hold until the screen goes black. It will reset the unit back to factory. Give it a try.
And now something you did not ask about.

How to use sound surround system with TV

Turn on Tv and Magnadyne Dash unit. On the dash unit pick Home in upper right corner.
Use arrow in lower right to go to next screen
Pick AV2.
TV should be playing through house speakers and cab speakers.
Turn off cab speakers by rotating switch located at key hooks to B position.
To turn off TV speakers. Use the TV menu, go to Audio and choose TV Speakers and choose off, if desired.
The TV remote will control volume level however, max volume is set in the dash unit as well as the equalizer settings.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote