Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
I think you meant 12 quarts. 11 litres is about 3 gallons.

Yes, you are correct. It is cheap. I buy one for the Trottage and use may half of one for the Fiver.
__________________

__________________
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #62
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 63
winterizing 3050s

Has anybody installed a bypass on the 3050s? There isn't any way to get access to the water pump. I did the antifreeze in the fresh water tank. It took me a few hours to flush it out in the spring, Doing the bypass method would certainly be easier if I could get one installed.
__________________

__________________
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #63
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlantz View Post
Has anybody installed a bypass on the 3050s? There isn't any way to get access to the water pump. I did the antifreeze in the fresh water tank. It took me a few hours to flush it out in the spring, Doing the bypass method would certainly be easier if I could get one installed.
3050s what?



Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:06 PM   #64
Average Joe
 
MrJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mechanicsville, MD
Posts: 689
Id guess a 3050 Sunseeker since it's the Sunseeker forum.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Joe and Karen
2014 Sunseeker 2450sf

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post
Id guess a 3050 Sunseeker since it's the Sunseeker forum.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Just a question, Where on this page from the first post to yours dose it say SUNSEAKER FORUM. When you look at the post on the right it not there. I guess if you were looking at today's post you could find it there maybe under Sunseekers. but I find it interesting to read the post no matter what FR model you have. I just go down the line at right and read them. What surpizes me is that Sunseeker doesn't have an winterizing inlet built in. And for my 2 cents for what it is worth is I would never dump antifreeze in my fresh water tank. Toxic or not. I think to the right it say's"another winterizing question only"
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:31 AM   #66
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post
Id guess a 3050 Sunseeker since it's the Sunseeker forum.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Since he tagged onto another thread it's tough to tell.


Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:57 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
trdutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lake Wylie
Posts: 487
Sorry, another winterizing ?

I've looked at my 2860DS and although I have the little access panel I would have to remove the back wall for me to install a bypass.
Not to get off topic but I've found when I post tech questions on the FR general section I don't get much response but the same question on The Sunseeker section turns into a huge discussion
I assumed I was talking to mostly Sunseeker owners but obviously that's not always the case.
__________________
I never saw a Hearse towing a Trailer
'71 Dads VW camper pop up Van
'78.....tents
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:44 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdutch View Post
I've looked at my 2860DS and although I have the little access panel I would have to remove the back wall for me to install a bypass.
Not to get off topic but I've found when I post tech questions on the FR general section I don't get much response but the same question on The Sunseeker section turns into a huge discussion
I assumed I was talking to mostly Sunseeker owners but obviously that's not always the case.
Is your filter, W/pump area like the Pics. in post#54 of a (3010 Sunseeker)? Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Just a question, Where on this page from the first post to yours dose it say SUNSEAKER FORUM. When you look at the post on the right it not there. I guess if you were looking at today's post you could find it there maybe under Sunseekers. but I find it interesting to read the post no matter what FR model you have. I just go down the line at right and read them. "
On my computer the forum thread is identified in a white block right under the green Forest River Forums banner at the top of the page. It shows the thread location path from FR forums to Sunseeker to the specific thread you are in. Maybe that doesn't show up on all viewing devices. It is however frustrating sometimes when answers to questions specifically related to Sunseeker/Foresters models are provided when the poster does not have such a model and the post turns out to be incorrect. You can sense the frustration in the FR rep's posts when he has had to correct those misconceptions.
__________________
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:20 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Collinsville, IL
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdutch View Post
I've looked at my 2860DS and although I have the little access panel I would have to remove the back wall for me to install a bypass.
.

You are correct. Remove the white panel and you can get to the pump. See my post #12. Only a couple of screws and only once a year-no big deal.


2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
__________________

__________________
2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
winter, winterize

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.