Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2016, 10:13 AM   #1

Sound in center console radio/GPS cuts out every few minutes for five or so seconds at

450 Ford Chases, 2016 2860

Sorry this is my first post. The sound also cuts out when streaming through Bluetooth with phone or ipod.
Wheels61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:56 AM   #2

It is your GPS trying to talk to you. Go to settings and set all GPS volumes to 100%.
izzaboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:23 PM   #3

Did it work? I am having trouble with a 2016 Chevrolet, Sunseeker 2300 with a Jensen Audio system that cuts out too. Radio has been replaced ... I do not have a "GPS" in settings ...
ja4781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:27 PM   #4

Thanks, however my husband does not use the GPS feature because he cannot read the screen and it always seems to run out of memory.
Wheels61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:12 PM   #5

I am still saying that it's the GPS talking to you. Even if you do not want to use the GPS you need to go to GPS settings. Once there make sure it's not trying to give you any directions. And make sure you deactivate the going over the speed limit alert.
izzaboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #6

I had a similar, if not equivalent problem and found a post about removing the microsd chip for the navigation. I don't use the navigation, so no loss of functionality for me. Anyway, the Jensen no longer cuts out...
Old 04-19-2016, 08:40 PM   #7

Hmmm ... Wondering if the Forest River rep on this site knows about this cause the dealers don't. They even talked to tech support when working on my issue ... so they say. Obviously I'm not the only one having the issue. I'll have to look into this ... Thank you for the info! By the way, where is the chip located?
ja4781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:06 PM   #8

Behind the little "door" underneath the volume knob. Sorry for the terrible photo... Not sure why it won't upload correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-04-19 20.21.18.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	105489  
Old 04-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #9

Here's the thread for my issue. 2014 (Chevy) 2300. Card was bad. I called and they replaced card.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...er-103013.html
Old 04-21-2016, 05:45 PM   #10

You need to look around in the NAV settings and turn off all the notifications. It's likely the speed warning as was mentioned earlier.

I was getting a "cannot find satellite" warning message every few minutes. I've since turned all NAV volume setting to zero. That fixed that problem.

I think FR should just put a plain old stereo in these things with USB and BT.
Offer the NAV system as an upgrade. You can't even see the screen half the time due to glare and the bad angle.

My Tom Tom or Garmin GPS gets the nod when I need a GPS.
jst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:23 PM   #11
GDT

So, don't know if this will help, but I've been dealing with a similar problem in my '16 3170 for the entire 10 months I've owned it. I believe I've found the issue...have it in with the dealer now, and this is one of the items I've asked them to fix. This will be the fourth (yes, fourth) time the fix will be attempted. This time, hopefully, will be the charm, as I think I've figure out what's going wrong.

Same symptoms...every once in a while the sound cuts out...then it comes back on after a few seconds. Happens more when the vehicle is moving. Dealer has thought...were absolutely sure..they'd fixed it before...on one trip they even swapped out the entire head unit...but 10 miles up the road it happens again.

My son and I decided to take a look at the wiring. We pulled the engine cowl...and were absolutely dismayed at what we found. You look under that cowl, there's just a mishmash of wires all suspended above the transmission housing, just everywhere. FR doesn't tuck the wires, wrap them, or do anything else to tidy up the installs. The head unit connects to the external speakers through a harness. No surprise there. But the harness is just suspended there, sagging down to just a few inches away from that hot transmission and engine. My theory is that the harness jiggles around and every once in a while gets loose enough to break the connection. Then you hit another bump and it bounds around a bit and waddaya know, you have music for a while.

I've asked the dealership to clean up that mess, wrap and tie the wiring, get all that stuff off the engine/tranny. There's really no excuse for that crap quality control.
GDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #12

I may have a related problem: my voice prompt on the Jensen GPS has no volume. Most voice prompts mute the radio when the prompt comes on. My radio mutes when turns come up, but there is not a voice prompt. I have the volumes set right and have talked to Jensen tech supports -- cannot get the voice prompt to work. We even replaced the radio. It sounds like some of you are getting voice prompt mutes of your radios (like I get) without a vocal prompt from the GpS. My GPS works fine, just no vocal prompt.
Nielsenfm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio