Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2015, 04:04 PM   #21

Have a friend with a 2250 he has his spare on with a bumper mount...

gtony2
gtony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #22

I went to a Chevy Truck dealer in Canada today to get a rim for a spare tire for my 2012 Sunseeker 2250. They told me they could not help me because it was a Chevy/Workhorse vehicle and they would need a GM part number in order to find the correct rim. Does this make sense?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dfsturge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:14 PM   #23

My friend got his from the RV dealer where he bought his RV..

gtony2
gtony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:34 PM   #24

I have a 2014 2250SLEC Sunseeker. As bclemens has mentioned, there is no spare.
I read many articles on this forum about putting a spare or anything on the rear
bumper. Their opinion was that it's only good for the sewer hose. I ended up getting the Curtis tire support that mounts on the rear hitch, as mentioned previously. As for the tire rim, I bought a reconditioned STL 5125 Chevy Dually Steel Wheel (30 lbs).
I also went with the General Grabber HTS ( about 32 lbs). The 2300 (similar to the 2250) uses a Geo-Trac tire, which would have been cheaper but I thought that I couldn't go wrong with the standard tire for the Chevy 4500. I hope I will never need it but if I do I'll have a spare that's the same as the other tires.
awilson2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker, tire