Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2014, 08:32 AM   #1

Squeaky dinette table

I have an annoying squeak when driving in my 3010 that I've narrowed down to the dinette table where it clamps to the post. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what did you do to fix it? I may try some silicone spray if I don't get any better suggestions.
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #2

I have the same squeak. I sprayed any point I could see that might cause the problem. Still there. If my wife would drive a little more often I could work on it while driving! I always forget about working on it until the next trip reminds me about it.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #3

Assuming this is the pipe to base design dinette; take vinyl electrical tape and put a couple wraps on the pole ends that plug into the base. It stops the metal to metal contact and doesn't affect the clearance between socket base and support pole. In fact it makes it a little easier to pull the poles out the base.
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #4

Mine is not the pole type. There is a lever under the table that allows it to slide down. Mine is a 2013 3170.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian217 View Post
Mine is not the pole type. There is a lever under the table that allows it to slide down. Mine is a 2013 3170.
In that case, take the Good Sams camping directory guide book and set it on the table. The table just need a little bit of weight on it to apply pressure to the mechanism.

Bobby
Old 09-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #6

Mine is the pole type, but the squeak is not coming from the base. It's coming from the top where the table clamps to the pole. There is already a plastic insert on the part of the table that fits over the top of the pole. I would post a photo, but the MH is currently at the storage facility. Tape may still work though.
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #7

Well, I gave you the tricks I used in the past. I did recall a tip from long ago where a guy cut a circle from a rubber dish mat - the same diameter as the post and stuck it in the to and bottom second of the post holders. Apparently it helps stop the bottom/top socket chafing.
The tape worked in my situation so I never had to test that.
Worth a try.

Bobby
Old 09-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #8

I have the same squeak in our 2014 3170. It drives me crazy! U have tried tape and weight. The only thing that works is lowering the table to a bed. Not practical or functional but after a couple hours of that noise I can't take it any longer. Let me know if any others find a trick that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
rdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeiss View Post
I have the same squeak in our 2014 3170. It drives me crazy!
You should have the dream dinette. Have you locked the table with the locking rod just under the table surface?
Checked all the mounting screws - there are about 13 of them. There is a gas charged spring assist ram; might check it too. Not much to it.

Bobby
Old 09-07-2014, 07:17 AM   #10

My experience also was the locking arm in stow obviously keeps the table from locking in the up....but, it will stay up and free float
We discovered this when eating and placing items on the table it wanted to go down an inch or two
So while driving with the lock bar not locked road bumps floated the table
Just a thought
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #11

We have a 3170 with the Dream Dinette. Take an adjustable shower rod and adjust it so that it fits tightly between the bottom of the table and the floor on the outer end of the table. That's what we did stop to stop the noise.

budblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #12

We have a 2014 3170 as well. That noise drove me crazy. On ours the squeeking was coming from the laminate top rubbing on that wood strip above when the table when it is in the upright position. I put a 1" strip of felt tape on the table top the entire width of the table. You can't see it when the table is up, and when the table is down it is covered by the seat cushions. Noise is gone.

rdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote