Old 02-23-2015, 10:40 AM   #11
X2 on the progressive ind power protect.
X2 on the med kit. I have two identical kits (home/travel).

Any mission critical parts:
spare drawer latches
spare water strainer
Spare gasket for the water filter (lowes)
If the water system has any issues, well, you don't have water.

DW would say stackable pots and pans.

We have six item areas:
Permenently loaded in bay(s) (tools, hoses, parts, chairs, etc.)
Permenently load inside coach (silverware, cups, cookware, fan)
Removable bay items (basically items that could freeze, bug spray, sewer treatment)
Long term in coach replenishables (shave kits, salt, paperplates, mac& cheese, etc.)
Short term non food (med bag, clothes, dvd, etc.)
Short term pershibles (bread, milk, meat, etc.)

Consider inventorying items as you put them in the coach. I put a PC on the garage work bench and ID&locate all incoming items. ya, I'm that guy....

And ya, the list(s) are laminated too....

Hoglou westGA
KM4HQQ 146.640mhz
L'IL Foot" 2014 Sunseeker 2300
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:56 AM   #12
Holy Cow... lists are our middle name. Wife and I are both pretty OCD... I've got checklists, pack-n-go lists, inventory lists, wants lists, needs lists.. you name it. PM me and I'll be happy to share any of it.

Darren, Donna & The Wieners
Toad Haul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:22 AM   #13
Ham Radio

I'm wondering what model HAM radio and style antenna you use in your RV? I'm just getting into the HAM radio world and I'm curious what the options are when mobile.
Sun.ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:31 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Progressive industries surge guard.
Digital multimeter.

2 of the most important items!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:35 PM   #15
Love the way Hoglou breaks things up ... but let me confess we store a lot of the trailer stuff in the area of a spare room in between monthly trips. This is my area ... inside the trailer:

Our dishes & silverware bought @ goodwill, great traveling large coffee cups & a few extra Tervis tumblers & lots of plastic tubs (measured a few to fit in the cabinets) to load / empty camper. Dishes are moved inside to the dishwasher when we get home (sorry ... extra clean needed so I like to empty all the food cabinets upon arrival home to prevent bugs & rodents), a coffee pot (Kahlua & Baileys stored with coffee), a couple pots that can go in microwave or on the stove ( - store with clean towels in between).

Our disposables in the coach always includes a pad & pen to write down what I need to add that I forgot or is running low before next trip.

Use six pack holders from your favorite beer to store & haul some of these - we have one with sunscreens, one with extra bug repellant (to add to the Thermacell if needed) & one with all liquid soap & first aid items (I live in FL & left them inside too hot & leaked) & separate shower bags for each of us individually stocked (best bag from camping world on line... holds shower shoes too).

A collapsible clothes hamper is full when we get home, filled back up with the clean towels, sheets to bring back out to the camper when ready to go. Dog also has her rabies certificate, traveling meds & food supplies separate as well.
Most importantly ...don't forget the beer
Camping since May 2013 .... FL & GA only so far .... loving it!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:19 PM   #16
Shopping list

Go to your local thrift store (Goodwill etc) for kitchen supplies etc. I found indoor/outdoor rugs, plastic tablecloths, laundry baskets and bins for storage. Make sure to check the fittings on your tank hoses and get good quality hoses. The cheap one that came with my RV fell apart on first use. Carry an extra 25 foot drinking water hose and extra extension power cord for those campgrounds where the hookups are a long way from the camper. One of my most used accessories is a pair of rubber "gator gloves" that lets me tighten up water connections with just my hands. Also, I don't pack and unpack. There are camper cothes, equipment, food basics etc that stay in and are refilled in the camper. Have fun - I am!!!
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #17
Originally Posted by caper View Post
For item inside the trailer look at the dollar store. If you plan on doing a lot of traveling consider plastic plates and glasses. Lighter weight and less likely to break.
Yes, We go camping to have fun, not do house work!

Never ever and I do me NEVER forget to pack the credit card.
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:00 PM   #18
Med Kit

The medication kit is so standard to me (I am a retired ER Nurse) that I didn't even mention it. If anyone is interested in what I carry in mine, I will post. Nothing is prescription. Most obtained generic at WalMart.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:05 PM   #19
I forgot to say congrats! If this is your first you are in for a treat..

ok to answer your question. Power protection as mention is required, suggest ordering it now (ouch I know). Cheap water pressure aka camping world (suggest a Watts regulator as a project later). Stinky slinky (recommend the rhino flex), the hose support is nice but not a requirement.

Go to lowes or HD and buy two 4pack master lock magnum (1-1/2 L, 13/16 W) locks keyed alike. The key code is on the back. This lock will hold the progressive ind 30 amp external surge protect and a cable. I went this way so one key takes care of everything we would want to lock up at camp during our excursions (sometimes over night).

Oxegenator shower head, its a cult thing.

Protectall if you have never tried it (wally world).

Pizza stone if you got the oven to disperse the heat when cooking.

Once it here consider if you want or how to cover the front windows. We cover the windshield and door windows from the inside and utlize the cab space for storage.

Consider driveway camping the first weekend. you may want to run the furnace during the day before as there will be some residual paint/oils that need to burn off, no worries.

We spent the first firday night measuring the availble storage, and saturday we were at wally world looking for containers, bays, cabinets, over the sofa, under the front seat, everywhere.

Flush a little water (only) through the toliet, take a shower. this will be the last time your sewer bay is truly decontaminated, get used to how it operates with the new slinky. Thus far it is no different then car wash run off. After that the slinky is stinky.

We found keeping everything in some sort of box reduced rattles and made access easier. Plus simplfied inventory.

Good luck....
Hoglou westGA
KM4HQQ 146.640mhz
L'IL Foot" 2014 Sunseeker 2300
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #20
You guys (and gals) are awesome. If anyone has more, keep 'em coming.

trnarg is offline   Reply With Quote