Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2015, 01:10 PM   #1

State to state with gun

Any info on carrying go to other states in a rv
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #2

I'd like to know also!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
hifromkate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 01:12 PM   #3

Try this.

Handgunlaw.us
Lost Vermonters is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #4

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
hifromkate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 01:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired on a mountain View Post
Any info on carrying go to other states in a rv
Be very careful and be up-to-date on latest state by state regs. Here is a site with state by state regs. You also need to be aware of the rules for any state/local parks you may visit or stay at.

TruckVault - Gun Transport Laws by State
limblips is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #6

I travel with my firearm all the time. I just make myself aware and abide by the laws of where I am going. make sure you check every state's laws that you will be traveling and any reciprocity with your home/registered state.

I usually go to the state sites directly and I steer away from catch all sites due to they may not be the most up to date.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #7

Unfortunatly, there are county and city ordincises also to look out for. For instance, in Las Vegas I can carry concealed or in my vehicle. The city next to us, north Las Vegas, you can only keep in your vehicle.

We got one of these for Clifford:

http://www.consolevault.com/

The people are great and trying to get them to make some for Honda's.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 02:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
Unfortunatly, there are county and city ordincises also to look out for. For instance, in Las Vegas I can carry concealed or in my vehicle. The city next to us, north Las Vegas, you can only keep in your vehicle.

Console Vault | Buy Direct For Lowest Price + Free Shipping

X2 on the Console Vault. I also keep my insurance and registration in there. That way no one can easily take those things and steal my identity.

The Handgunlaw site, I believe also has links to each states website.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #9
Bus Driver

Make sure that you understand the Federal law under Title 18, Chapter 44 - 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms.

It can be found HERE

Cabela's offers safes that can be mounted in compliance with the above Statute. Like THESE

Just trying to be the person my Dog thinks I am
Deaver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 03:06 PM   #10

also remember that the laws may be different while you are moving and parked. If you are parked you may be classified as a domicile versus a vehicle
Old 08-12-2015, 09:25 PM   #11

Carry mine in cabinet hope to never need it but it's there if I do everywhere I go I don't leave home without it
Old 08-12-2015, 09:36 PM   #12

I also don't leave home without my updated copy of this:
Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States | Gun Laws for the 50 States

Also my dash cam is always recording, best eye witness you can have..

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 09:45 PM   #13

Talking Carry Gun

I asked this question of Legal Heat, Inc (mylegalheat.com) when I went for my Utah Carry Permit. They are lawyers and gun enthusiasts. I was told that a gun in and RV is like a gun in a vehicle. Even though the RV may be a "home" to the owner, it is considered a vehicle by the law.

I always check the state web sites I will be travelling through as well as county sites I will be staying in.

Good luck!!
TheGreatWaz00 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2015, 09:48 PM   #14

I would guess the tougher the gun laws the worse crime is in that area and criminals take advantage of that counting on them being the only ones carrying
Old 08-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #15

Carried that same 40 in my truck when pulled fiver then trailer I wouldn't give permission to search my vehicle without a warrant and cause has to be showed before a warrant can be issued never has got to that so far not looking for it in the future try to act like I got some sense when I'm forced to
Old 08-13-2015, 08:39 PM   #16
Class C Representative

If you go on Google and search the exact question you asked there is a link that will ask you what state you are from and it will show you a map and which states you're legal in. For example if I have a permit in Indiana it will show me all the states in the country that I'm able to Carry in.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2015, 09:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post

Console Vault | Buy Direct For Lowest Price + Free Shipping

I agree, in some states make sure to check for cities and counties that like to play with the laws. Most states have preemption clauses that prevent other government agencies (other than Federal) from making their own laws.

I remember when NLV had their own ideas, but the state stepped in, and they now abide by state law. In fact, Nevada code Code NRS244.364 (b) The regulation of the transfer, sale, purchase, possession, carrying, ownership, transportation, storage, registration and licensing of firearms, firearm accessories and ammunition in this State and the ability to define such terms is within the exclusive domain of the Legislature, and any other law, regulation, rule or ordinance to the contrary is null and void.

And I highly suggest everyone check the actual state's concealed weapons site for a list of what permits are recognized, or where you can carry a gun without a permit. Some of these sites are late to update.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2015, 04:53 PM   #18

CCW App

There is a handy app available called CCW. It lists every states rules, links to each states statutes, reciprocity between states and the Federal laws also. And many other items, pretty comprehensive. (Covers DC & territories as well). They update it several times a month and it is pretty handy. I use it on iPad, iPhone. Don't know for sure about Androids but I would guess there is a version for them..

I noted a comment about whether an RV is a vehicle or domicile, pretty good discussion in the winter (I think) issue of "motor home" magazine, quite a few comments by LEOs on the issue. Most said if jacks are down and shore power is connected it's a home. If driving, it's a vehicle...gotta follow the right rules for each situation...keeps us on our toes...
Old 08-24-2015, 08:55 PM   #19
Site Team - Lou

First, I want to comment everyone for keeping this "on point" and within the forum posting rules for this topic.

Second, I have added the "Hot Topic" warning to remind everyone where the road bumps are located when dealing with this topic.

We take this topic seriously here and as long as we all follow the rules, it will be left alone. However, please remember that not everyone enjoys the rights that we sometimes take for granted (our good friends to the north come to mind) and others here may not lean in our particular direction as regards to firearms and camping.

We allow this particular variance from our "ban" on discussing "guns" in general because many of us use our RVs to travel to and from competitions and other events where "carrying" a firearm in our camper and crossing state lines is needed.

Skewing off topic, like talking about CCW, hiding loaded firearms, or "Self Defense" in general will get this thread in trouble.

Thank you for your understanding.
Herk
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2015, 09:00 AM   #20

thanks for keeping this going. very good info from all thanks again
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote Reply