Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #1

stress cracking around front marker lights

This is a follow-up on a thread I posted on 5-23-2017 in the Sunseeker forums.
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem with their Sunseeker motor home, but I own a 2016 Sunseeker class C, model 2650, and I'm having an issue with visible cracking around my front, upper marker lights on the front cowling of the motor home. I had the 3 center marker lights repaired by TN.RV collision center, whom repainted and placed new clear coat around each marker light on May 31, 2017. It looked good to us, but 8,000 miles later, noticed cracking again. This time we have cracking around all 5 marker lights. I've looked at a lot of class C Sunseekers since this happened, and have not noticed it on any others. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if so, what was done to fix the problem permanently. By the way, Forest River did authorize the first repair and reimbursed me for the repair ( $2500.00). I'm now wondering if the issue is a structural issue, possibly a defect in the manufactured front fiberglass cowling. Any ideas?
nyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:16 PM   #2

I have a 2016 Class C that had the same problem. Forest River paid to repair the stress cracks around all five of the overhead clearance lights (in excess of $3,000). My were done about two years ago. You got me thinking, so I just checked them today and all looks good. Sorry you're having the issue again. When my was repaired the shop indicated it was cosmetic only, and not structural. So it may not look good, but most likely not a major issue. What steps did they take to repair yours?
dgerry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #3

stress cracking around marker lights

Thank you for responding to my post. The repair shop repainted and applied new gel coat to the three center marker lights. The job looked good to us at the time of the repair, but has now shown the same effect with the addition of the two outside marker lights showing cracking also. Maybe it's not structural, although I spoke with the repair shop about this and their opinion was that the cracking should not be happening and that it "might be structural". I don't know, I just don't like the idea of having cracks in the outside of the rv's front cowling. You are the only other person I know that has had an issue with this also. Were all of your marker lights in the front showing signs of cracking around then also. I have a little over 21k miles on the unit now and bought the unit in may of 2017, never titled before with 800 mile on the odometer. I am currently waiting to hear back from Forest River as to what can be done to fix the problem. Thanks again to you for responding to my inquiry.
nyron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crack, light