Old 02-05-2015, 08:55 PM   #11
Average Joe

Stuck on Class C models

Not sure if you "need" the jacks, but we love ours. Makes leveling a snap.

I am handicapped and have a tough time moving from drivers seat to the back. I just get out and enter the side door. DW has no problem from her seat.

As for making the bed, of course it's a little more difficult than a walk around, but we don't change the sheets every day. It's just the fitted bottom sheet that can be a PITA.

Gas mileage is around 8, driving the speed limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:56 PM   #12

FWIW, I have Bigfoots on my Forester and feel it's the best decision I made. My next strongest recommendation is to put whichever coach you choose on a Chevy chassis. I miss my old Coachman Chevy chassis. It's roomier, get's better mileage and handles WAY better! Assuming, that is, you don't desperately need the additional payload.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #13

I am the proud owner of a Forester 2501 Class C on a Chevy base. We opted for the shorter motorhome as we can get in and out of shopping centers easier, we do a fair amount of state and federal campgrounds and I found that the ride on my previous longer wheel base (32') Class C was unbearable.

Just my opinion: The Chevy ride and handling is much better than the Ford with the V10 and I don't really plan to tow anything really heavy. My Ford V10 8 mpg, the new Chevy on my last trip 12.1 mpg (hand calculated) running on coastal and mountain roads.

I swore that I would not buy another Chevy after they "burned" me on a new 79 Pick Up with the 5.7 diesel motor, after driving the Chevy based Forester after getting out of the Ford based Tioga, there was no comparison.

We use the heat pump when plugged in to shore power, the propane heater when dry camping, both work well.

Big Foot Levelers are on my list of things to add, as we don't stay anywhere very long.

I do wish we could have opted for the better mattress, as we carry a memory foam pad that we use when the bed is being deployed for anything more than a quick nap.

We had the Fantastic Fan in our other Class C, we used it, we don't miss it enough to replace what we have now.

The 32" TV, is nice, but understand that the TV's they put in motorhomes are not the highest quality for viewing, not bad, just not the best. The Surround Sound and Sub Woofer is a nice feature to have.

I do wish we had the ability to rotate the passenger seat and I wish the drivers seat was electrically adjustable for tilting as the front of the Chevy seats have no support under my legs in the front. Maybe I am just spoiled to my 2013 Ram Longhorn Laramie Limited Edition with all of the goodies.
JH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budro35 View Post
Hi all - after my wife and I attended the huge RV show in St Louis, MO last week we are really leaning towards the Sunseeker line. We are stuck on these 3 units. 2250SLE - 2500TS - 2650S. We really like the 2500TS but understand we cannot get the upgraded mattress due to the bedroom slide. Is the regular mattress suitable? Looking at the following options and need opinions please. 32" front tv*15K btu ac-heat pump*ultra lthr driver/pass seat*swivel seats*fantastic fan*wood fridg panel*fibergls front cap*rear tv & dvd*safe & sound pkg*artic pkg*bigfoot hyd level jacks (are these necessary)?? and wanted the serta upgrade mattress. What am I missing and do I have it equipped properly for the first time around?? I sure hope Brian (bclemems) pops in here also. Thanks to all for your comments. Bud
Old 02-06-2015, 02:33 PM   #14
GM

Not to get your hopes up, but we are in the process of getting the swivel seats tested and approved for Chevy The hold up has been a test chassis that has been on order FOREVER. With the Colorado getting truck of the year, they have started building that truck in the 4500 series plant, putting a strain on our supply.

We also just came out with a power seat option, but alas, Ford only due to the same constraints.

We're trying.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:46 PM   #15

Budro35, You might want to look at the Forester line, which is the upscale version of the Sunseeker. It comes with the upgraded mattress and has other nice interior upgrades.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:53 PM   #16

levelling jacks

Hi
once you have had levelling jacks you would not be without them
Old 02-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #17

Sunseeker Mileage

Having literally hundreds of Sunseekers (2250, 2450, 2500 2650, among others) on our guest fleet at CanaDream, we get a lot of feedback on mileage. The range is usually 8 to 11 MPG, but the best answers may be "it depends how heavy your foot is" - the speed seems to make a bigger difference than which of the small to mid-sized RV's you drive. There is a big difference between driving 50 or 55 MPH and 60-65 MPH. Having driven through the Canadian Rockies, we averaged 25 litres per 100 km, which is better than 9 MPG over a few thousand miles. Driving down the Oregon coast, there was not a huge difference in the fuel consumption. We managed to get even better mileage on the flats, as long as there were no serious headwinds.
PS mattresses used to be one of our main concerns, and we had a tough time getting good ones until a few years ago. We've had over 20,000 guests per year use the stock mattresses over the past several seasons, and get overwhelmingly positive feedback on them now. Don't be shy - lay down on a mattress or two at your local dealer - you need to be comfortable, so compare a few.
I hope that helps. - JR
Old 02-06-2015, 04:57 PM   #18

Bubbling the squares..

Quote:
Hi all - after my wife and I attended the huge RV show in St Louis, MO last week we are really leaning towards the Sunseeker line. We are stuck on these 3 units. 2250SLE - 2500TS - 2650S. We really like the 2500TS but understand we cannot get the upgraded mattress due to the bedroom slide. Is the regular mattress suitable? Looking at the following options and need opinions please. 32" front tv*15K btu ac-heat pump*ultra lthr driver/pass seat*swivel seats*fantastic fan*wood fridg panel*fibergls front cap*rear tv & dvd*safe & sound pkg*artic pkg*bigfoot hyd level jacks (are these necessary)?? and wanted the serta upgrade mattress. What am I missing and do I have it equipped properly for the first time around?? I sure hope Brian (bclemems) pops in here also. Thanks to all for your comments. Bud
We ordered our 2300 and bubbled a number squares. Here is what I think two years later...

We have the upgraded mattress and I cannot imagine sleeping on less. I must confess that I am a sleep number follower...

Yes, yes, heat pump without a doubt. We use the heat pump exclusively at temps above 35. I use an oil radiant oil heater to supplment heat when needed. I do run the furance about three times a winter, only to say it has been ran.

Front cap again without a doubt. This is the feature, or lack there of that has caused a many leak. Worth twice the price, and looks good (don't let bclem read this!)

Artic I give a 7/10. Got it and sometimes use it. Being where you are at I would get it (went SIU-C know the weather).

Love, love the bigfoot on lilfoot.... I read all the time people say why would you put bigfoot on such a small coach. Push a button and you are level, done.. Also if you decide on ext warrenty many will cover bigfoot when installed as original equipment (harley method)...

Safe and sound ... Yes.

Have the chevy, no swivel seats... Don't know if it would get used..

For a few bucks you can get the rear tv.. we have satt so I am very pro tv in the coach....

At the same time a biger tv at that distance is something I would not bother with.

Fantastic fan, don't have it, so I don't miss it. but since we don't boondoggle the central air on fan works for me..

For me a wood panel door has little value.

Safe and sound a decent value for what it includes..

What I would do differently.... Rather have a set of recliners instead of the curved dinnette (2300).

Wish they had real chrome or alum rims and ditched the hub caps!
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:14 PM   #19
RV Nomad

We have a 2013 2500TS on a Ford chassis. We put a 2.5" gel foam topper on the mattress, we sleep great on it. Kids love the 32" tv, we love the 24" tv in the bedroom when the kids take over the front tv. Passenger swivel seat comes in handy. We use the heat pump quite a lot, I won't have another RV without that option. Saves on propane usage from the heater, which uses up propane quick. We do not have the arctic package, and don't miss it, propane heater is ducted into holding tank area if needed. No leveling jacks on ours. Fantastic fan is a must also. 8 to 9 mpg average.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:36 PM   #20
GM

Quote:
PS. take all the options. In the grand scheme of things you'll always wonder if you "would have" used them. GET the memory foam upgrade. heat pump. swivel seats if on a Ford (2500). The 2650 has a barrel chair so not as necessary. jacks. Safe & sound is gone...the new package is "Preferred Package" that has all the same things but added a Dyson wall mounted rechargeable vac.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, modifications